Buying Pottery ???

Yep, years ago(Late 60's early 70's) I went to a provider in Dallas..This was before the computer age..

So to make sure that a client was on the straight, and not undercover, she would sell you some of her Pottery that she made..(I think she painted on them)

Once the Pottery was paid for, she would tell you that she got so excited about selling her Pottery, that she wanted to have sex..

My wife at that time, always wondered why I was always buying flower pots..

Back in the 90's ,I ran into a buddy . We were hunting on a ranch in south Tex. I rembered that, he was the one that told me about the provider..

We had some great laughs about our "Pottery" collection..

With the computer, I guess there is no need to sell "Pottery" anymore..

Anyone else ever hear of this ???
I think that is a great idea. I wonder would that make it more difficult to prosecute if we were just selling pottery or pies or something?
I guess it would depend on the "PIE"...
  • ~Ze~
  • 10-16-2010, 07:52 AM
I wonder if they wouldn't just get you on the whole "running a business out of your home" thing...

Isn't there something along the lines of -
You aren't a business unless you sell $600 or more worth of merchandise a year?

In which case, a lady can buy 600 pens.. and lololoololololooolllloooolll

NVM.. my mind wen wandering..
A mentor of mine, long retired, sold CD's. It's really a good idea, I think. One hour CD for $300. She would then, for multiple hours, sell CD gift sets.

Maybe this is something that I should consider doing!!! She literally had jazz CD's but she also had a client sign a disclaimer, which I always thought was a little over the top. She had an advanced degree in screening but also, paranoia.

But it's a little catchy, isn't it? The pottery idea is good, too!

Great topic!
Elisabeth
Yeah, but what's the return policy?
I like the idea of selling some type of artwork because its value is subjective.

If you sold pies or pens for $300 each it would be too obviously high. Even a cd would be questionable because of the reproducibility.

But each piece of pottery or a painting would be unique.

Hmm...the running a business out of your incall is a problem. Are door-to-door sales subject to the same need for a business license? LOL!
Alot of artist sell out of there home... The women that I have met on Iccie have all been "Artist"...!!! Hell , do some body painting...!!!
I just bought my wife a pottery wheel and kiln. Perhaps I should be worrried?
This is hillarious mainly because i actually make and sell ceramics, but it is completely unrelated to the "hobby"

Lina
Depending on where you live will affect a work at home business. Most of the laws are aimed at protecting the neighbors from undue traffic, etc. No employees working there on a regular basis, no signage for you business, that kind of stuff. As for licensing, you would need a Texas Tax ID number, even if its a non taxable business. Any other licienses depend on what your doing. I ran my Computer Servcie business from home for years. No license is required for that.

I researched the laws a bit about how to CYA when using a business that might lead to, say, other things. Using a Massuage business as an example:

1. Fill out any required paperwork and follow any laws to the letter.
2. At the end of the session, have the customer sign a waiver that the contracted work had been completed. No other compensation was expected and the business relationship was concluded.
3. As consenting adults attracted to each other, screw your brains out.

There was more to it, but that was the gist of what I found. And this would not always work, depending on other stuff but its a lot better than not having it. Of course, getting that waiver could be a bit trickey.
I guess it depends on what she does with the finished product....giggling.

That made me chuckle. Thanks

I just bought my wife a pottery wheel and kiln. Perhaps I should be worrried? Originally Posted by nyc1skibum
Maybe we can find out for you!!!!

I just bought my wife a pottery wheel and kiln. Perhaps I should be worrried? Originally Posted by nyc1skibum
Yeah, but what's the return policy? Originally Posted by Sawyer
You break it, you buy it.

No refunds.

I have a pottery wheel in storage, any buyers? All you need is a kiln!
I have a pottery wheel in storage, any buyers? All you need is a kiln! Originally Posted by Dannie
A lady could buy that kiln and then offer gentlemen a "Fire your own crock" discount.

(Gentlemen puhleez! I said cRock.)