PM's: Do you check yours???

When you sign in and have pm's waiting to be read, do you read them first or do you go somewhere else and let them sit, unread?

Having sent pm's to various newcomers I am tired of not getting a response, and even see that they have not even read them! (Or maybe they have and refused a 'read receipt'.) If you post an ad or post to the welcome wagon doesn't it make good business sense to follow up on replies and responses??? Maybe I am simply being saved by the pm gods from a terrible situation if the intended recipients had read them....

Ladies, how do you treat your pm's?
As far as me, I always read my PM's first thing as soon as I log on
I get notified via email on my Blackberry & check asap if not immediately. PM's could be an appt or a ref check & appt for another lady. It's not nice to keep people waiting when they're on a quest now, is it?
I read mine first thing.
I always read em 1st.
I read mine as soon as I sign on.
Like Kat said, it may be a gentleman inquiring or another lady friend needing a reference so she can move forward with an appt.

It does help to title the PM's in a fashion that show they need immediate attention. If I have a few, I read the business ones before the social ones.
Tess
  • ztonk
  • 04-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I get an email notification and read them as soon as I safely can...
  • Mokoa
  • 04-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I always read the PM's first.

And now with my new occupation, they take up a lot more of my time.
  • thegj
  • 04-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Yep. 1st thing. thegj
VERY FIRST,
PLACE I GO IS MY INBOX
EVERYTIME I LOG IN!!
I also get instant notification when I receive a message.

I check my messages as soon as I can, for the above reasons the other ladies stated.

~Gen Nicole~
PM's always come first. Then the threads in my user CQ
then I check my email and get the notification of PM.
I read the PM's when I get an email notification.
I read them as soon as they come in.