What to do in Dallas?

I'm embarrassed to say that I've never been to Dallas. I was born and raised in Houston... what is there to do outside of my hotel room? Thanks for any and all suggestions ... I hate being bored.

XOXO
-Ana
Stay by The Galleria area lots of things to do on down time
Thanks Gina. I will definitely check it out.

XOXO
-Ana
I do love holding something hard in my hands...
any time .. where I stay every month when I here(0)(0)
There are the standards for any large city. Museums. If you like basketball the Mavericks. There are a couple Sea Life Aquariums, one in grapevine and one in Fort Worth. I like Ripleys. There is the Texas Live venue near the ballpark in Arlington. You can take tours of Cowboys stadium, maybe the ballpark Rangers play in. Not sure on that though during off season. There is a place in grapevine that has an indoor water park, great wolf lodge I think. There is an ice sculpture exhibit in grapevine this time of year if you can handle the cold. Galleria has lots of shopping. Trying to think of things to do that are unique to the area that you could not do in any big city.

6 Flags is open on weekends. I think they have a sleigh ride on fake snow or used to.

Answers might change if you were coming in spring or summer. I tend to hibernate during the winter weather so most of what I like is summer oriented. There is an outstanding Japanese garden in Fort Worth at the botanical gardens. If you are in to flowers there is also a large botanical garden in Dallas. Zoo in both Dallas and Fort Worth.

Might google dallas tourism. That highlights the Arboretum. If you are in to history there is the Sixth Floor Museum downtown. You can go in and see where Oswald took the shot from. This time of your in highland park area you can take buggy ride to look at Christmas lights.

Go to visitdallas.com for more ideas. tripadvisor will also have a lot of information and travel guides you can download. And you might consider visiting https://dallascityhall.com/Pages/tourism.aspx in prep for coming to Dallas.
You list roses as your favorite flower. Visit from May through late summer and there is the rose garden in the fort worth botanical garden that has about 400 bushes. If you want to make a day out of it you can drive over to Tyler a couple hours and there is a huge rose garden and rose museum there along with what I am told is a very good zoo.
  • BLM69
  • 12-13-2018, 07:21 PM
OP is not interested in Dallas activities, she's posting this threAD to announce that she's/will be here and available. The providers ad section in not enough for some. We see these threADs weekly
Dallas sucks truckloads of limp dicks.
Pretty good museum city, especially if you add Ft. Worth. :some if the best architecture in the Metrop,ex is museums.

In order, I’d recommend a The Kimbell (Louis Kahn building) Dallas Museum of Art, The Nasher (including the amazing building by Renzo Piano), Ft. Worth Museum of Modern Art (building by Todo Ando), and the Meadows Museum at SMU.

Also an underrated restaurant town, too. Several threads on that subject can easily be found via search.
The question, my dear, is who to do..... not what to do
OP is not interested in Dallas activities, she's posting this threAD to announce that she's/will be here and available. The providers ad section in not enough for some. We see these threADs weekly Originally Posted by BLM69
Not true, I really want to check out Dallas.

XOXO
-Ana
The question, my dear, is who to do..... not what to do Originally Posted by Gentlemen Rendezvous
Lol... that too!!
There are the standards for any large city. Museums. If you like basketball the Mavericks. There are a couple Sea Life Aquariums, one in grapevine and one in Fort Worth. I like Ripleys. There is the Texas Live venue near the ballpark in Arlington. You can take tours of Cowboys stadium, maybe the ballpark Rangers play in. Not sure on that though during off season. There is a place in grapevine that has an indoor water park, great wolf lodge I think. There is an ice sculpture exhibit in grapevine this time of year if you can handle the cold. Galleria has lots of shopping. Trying to think of things to do that are unique to the area that you could not do in any big city.

6 Flags is open on weekends. I think they have a sleigh ride on fake snow or used to.

Answers might change if you were coming in spring or summer. I tend to hibernate during the winter weather so most of what I like is summer oriented. There is an outstanding Japanese garden in Fort Worth at the botanical gardens. If you are in to flowers there is also a large botanical garden in Dallas. Zoo in both Dallas and Fort Worth.

Might google dallas tourism. That highlights the Arboretum. If you are in to history there is the Sixth Floor Museum downtown. You can go in and see where Oswald took the shot from. This time of your in highland park area you can take buggy ride to look at Christmas lights.

Go to visitdallas.com for more ideas. tripadvisor will also have a lot of information and travel guides you can download. And you might consider visiting https://dallascityhall.com/Pages/tourism.aspx in prep for coming to Dallas. Originally Posted by ValenTX
Thanks for your help

XOXO
-Ana