05/17/2020 o"conner rd closed at RR crossing

To all you RailRoad Hobbyist, CSX will be putting in new RR ties along that stretch of Fairport
its a Awesome thing to watch.....
ill surely be there first thing sunday
Concrete or wood?
wood, I believe they only use concrete near the oceans
To all you RailRoad Hobbyist, CSX will be putting in new RR ties along that stretch of Fairport
its a Awesome thing to watch.....
ill surely be there first thing sunday Originally Posted by Franklin4
Near Baird Rd?
yup.
So how did it go?
well, I got there at 7 am, and no M.O.W. yet, (maintinence on wheels). thats what they call the railroad crew,
I was in fairport basicly til 12noon, I was upset they werent here,

sadly I left at noon,.... I havent been back there so far this wk due to work, I plan on visiting fairport tonight to see whats what, they had to of post-pond it..

let me tell you that I have seen them do tie replacement 3 times in my life, and I thought it was an awesome sight.... (prob because I am a train Buff )..... if I could live my life over again, working for the railroad be my ambition... i'll post again after I visit oconner rd tonight
well, I got there at 7 am, and no M.O.W. yet, (maintinence on wheels). thats what they call the railroad crew,
I was in fairport basicly til 12noon, I was upset they werent here,

sadly I left at noon,.... I havent been back there so far this wk due to work, I plan on visiting fairport tonight to see whats what, they had to of post-pond it..

let me tell you that I have seen them do tie replacement 3 times in my life, and I thought it was an awesome sight.... (prob because I am a train Buff )..... if I could live my life over again, working for the railroad be my ambition... i'll post again after I visit oconner rd tonight Originally Posted by Franklin4

Pity . Would have loved to have seen pics of this event.
Well Airlines, Trucking, Cruise-lines are getting clobbered by covid disruptions so wouldn't be surprised if the RRs are also being hit.
Pity . Would have loved to have seen pics of this event. Originally Posted by quimps
may I suggest youtube, !!
youtube is great a source
type in trains, anything about trains . and the info will appear,
I know of 3 hard core Rail buffs on youtube, - one of which is my favorate
youtube- Distant signal productions, - - the guy's name is Danny and he is the Best of the 3 that I know of,
check it out,- youtube - distant signal produtions,
A lot of machinery there!!

On you tube
A lot of machinery there!!

On you tube Originally Posted by lilylivered
yes, if you type in the right words, (like railroad tie replacement)

my People, im sorry to say I made a boo-boo.

I had said last saturday that CSX would be changing the Ties on the tracks in fairport, o'conner rd area, sadly as I went back to o'conner rd this evening, I see that they did tear up oconner rd by the RR tracks, and put down new Asphalt about 10ft. on each side of the Railroad tracks.
I had Assumed CSX would have replaced the ties at that time, But No...... the New ties are still along side the tracks, waiting to be moved into place...
sorry there,
WOW !!!!
Thats Amazing Woody, Thanks there for doing that. im not as computer savvy as you
With amazing RR equipment like that ya wonder why tracks are in such poor shape today?