body work

You drive into a retail parking lot and park and some person comes out of nowhere and offers to fix your car dents for some amount of $. Usually says they work at a bodyshop....anyone ever done it?

Happened last night and I said give me your phone number and I'll call you to which he replied he was going back to Houston today. Money is for groceries (chemical) I'm sure, just wondering if anyone has pulled the trigger.
I would expect to see something like that on Harry Hines, only a "different" kind of body work offered.

So he was gonna sand, prep and apply the bondo right there?

We get knocks on our door from guys selling meat from the back of a truck. Never bought any.

Always wonder if panhandlers really need it or are just too lazy. If they have a little kid with them, I'm done for every time.
To good to be true. You pay 1/2 up front for supplies and the take off. The only thing that can be done while you wait is Paintless Dent Repair and that is going to take at least an hour for a door ding, if done right.

If the little voice says "can I get burned?" ....walk away.
  • BLM69
  • 06-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Will they do body work while you wait? Yes! but the quality won't be there.
My SO fell for something similar years ago. They did the magic dent gimmick and little respray and clear coat (probably rattle can if I had to guess).
I will admit at the time, I was kind of impressed.
That lasted about a month maybe...
Since then the clear is pretty much gone and the color has faded significantly. Everything they touched in very visible and extremely noticeable against the factory paint. It's a beat around extra car so not terribly concerned but to do it over again I would have rather had the minor dings and scratches to keep a uniform appearance.
You drive into a retail parking lot and park and some person comes out of nowhere and offers to fix your car dents for some amount of $. Usually says they work at a bodyshop....anyone ever done it?

Happened last night and I said give me your phone number and I'll call you to which he replied he was going back to Houston today. Money is for groceries (chemical) I'm sure, just wondering if anyone has pulled the trigger. Originally Posted by nicholas linnear
Could be a new (or old) gypsy con. Those gypsies, all of them, are bad news. And they just do what they do.