Wow, sorry to see you go. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
+1
Wow, sorry to see you go. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
+1 Originally Posted by earlyriserpaul
+2
Good for you bill. Good luck to you.
Big hugs fr wherever life takes you
PM sent. Originally Posted by scorpio31
Wow, one of his last posts was a quote from the film "An Officer and a Gentlemen.
An Officer and a Gentleman is a 1982 American romantic drama film starring Richard Gere, Debra Winger, and Louis Gossett Jr., who won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film, making him the first African American to do so. It tells the story of Zack Mayo (Gere), a United States Navy Aviation Officer Candidate.
Louis Gossett Jr. played the part of a USMC drill instructor who delivered the same line I heard in USMC boot camp. At the time I thought is was very funny, I still do, I did not laugh at that in boot camp because I would have been given at least 50 push ups. I did laugh at out loud when I saw the movie.
Only ........come from Texas, which one are you?
I guess I can't quote the line here because we have become too politically correct.

How strange that today that some on the left can't tolerate a joke. What has the world become that some people just don't understand a joke and want to police the language and thoughts of others?

bilbobaggin
His comments were a joy.
Maybe he will be back, but then some take political correctness too far.

Maybe scorpio31 is from Texas: I don't know. Maybe we can get away with just saying:
The best thing to come out of Texas. is I-35 NORTHBOUND.
If that is why he was banned, why hasn't it been removed from the thread? I would think there would be a lot of red where the quote was.
If that is why he was banned, why hasn't it been removed from the thread? I would think there would be a lot of red where the quote was. Originally Posted by TailHooked
Good point! Funny thing, he asked that his account be removed; and then he was banned. He was a good contributor. I just looked like the political correct people were out of control again.

Maybe not. You have a point. But I am still not going to use the Q word. Someone might get upset.
It blows me away how you miss the intricate details.
Go back.. Dot to dot.
And repost.
I promise..you will be sending me a sweet behind the scenes thank you PM
Mr.JRL.
I'm with the rest of the posts.
Hate to see this member go. Was a thoughtful contributor.
OX
Savannah Moon
If that is why he was banned, why hasn't it been removed from the thread? I would think there would be a lot of red where the quote was. Originally Posted by TailHooked
+ 1
It blows me away how you miss the intricate details.
Go back.. Dot to dot.
And repost.
I promise..you will be sending me a sweet behind the scenes thank you PM
Mr.JRL.
I'm with the rest of the posts.
Hate to see this member go. Was a thoughtful contributor.
OX
Savannah Moon Originally Posted by Savannah Moon
I nullify all previous thank you notes and any appologies for being critical of you. We know not why you are do disrepectful, curt, and brash with others. I no longer read your PMs or your comments in open discussions. Just click the ignore buttons.

I have never met you: from your own written statements, I am one of many who has no desire to be in the same room with such an abusive person.

It seems only that guy Leo has a wish to see you.

Do you want to us about that "encounter".
  • Fsn57
  • 06-05-2019, 01:08 PM
Good point! Funny thing, he asked that his account be removed; and then he was banned. He was a good contributor. I just looked like the political correct people were out of control again.

Maybe not. You have a point. But I am still not going to use the Q word. Someone might get upset. Originally Posted by JRLawrence
I would bet this thread has more to do with why he was banned rather than the one about Texas:
https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1061526884
I would bet this thread has more to do with why he was banned rather than the one about Texas:
https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1061526884 Originally Posted by Fsn57
They are not going to tell us why he was banned. The question was about his recent posts where he quoted from a movie that used the Q word. That doesn't seem to be allowed on ECCIE because of political correctness. Was that enough to get him banned? We don't know and they won't tell us.

Seems like a perfectly good word to the straight people. The word gay, used to mean happy. How sad that some people think is is necessary to change the meaning of a word for everyone else.