Laptop or 2-in-1

I'm in the market for a new laptop. I see that 2-in-1's are becoming the new trend. Those of you that are tech heads, which do you suggest? Any deals out there? I have heard about the Surface Pro but I just don't want to spend the "G" they're asking for the 128 GB one.
I think you give up too much with a 2 in 1. Just buy a cheap laptop and an iPad for under a grand and you've got it covered.
Laptops are still better all-around general use devices
DG is right there mate. Surface Pro is awesome, but the coin is steep. Wait till Christmas for Surface Pro with new Windows operating system, as 8.1 sucks. Touchscreen laptop, Windows 8, 500G less than $400 right now.
What's the problem with Windows 8 that I keep hearing about? Is a new OS on the way?
What's the problem with Windows 8 that I keep hearing about? Is a new OS on the way? Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
DON'T get me startED.

Don't EVEN get me started.

Edit: Laptop

Has too much fluff....
Once you get past the fluff..... It is like 7, (kinda)

It took me a month to strip 8.1 down to where I can tolerate using it.

My old laptop, still runs xp.... I love that one
Hell, the last laptop I owned had XP on it. I finally had to lay it to rest. That's why I don't know much about Windows 8. I was still in XP land. Is it possible to get a new laptop with Windows 7?
The 2 in 1 are cool because of touch screen and being compact with a large screen, but I've known 5 people who had them, all were expired in under a year.
Laptop is a better device.
Is it possible to get a new laptop with Windows 7? Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
At MicroCenter they still sell Win7 laptops, but I think most are still Lenovo ThinkPads & a few HP's
I love my Dell 2 in one!
Using it as a scratching post/litter box does NOT make it a 2-in-1
Nevermind...
Laptop is the better option.
buy your favorite Dell refurb HERE. Likely, it will come with xp Pro or 7 Pro

Dell might still ship gaming laptops with 7.

8 includes a downgrade to 7...so you can always downgrade if you have a disk. Make sure the drivers are available.

8 is very frustrating for season'd power users. It is difficult to explain. Or, I should say....it is lengthy to explain.

http://www.parts-people.com/refurbished-dell-laptops/