Speaker Pelosi and Taiwan: A speculative Prwediction

I have no reason to think that this might be so, but the thought popped into my head as a " What would you do? sort of way.

I am thinking that if I were in charge, I'd get Speaker Pelosi's plane to go to Tiwan . . .but she wouldn't be on it. Everyone else in her party would be. Even a body double perhaps.

Then, (somehow) get her there anyway there anyway . . .

Not sure what the point wouild be. Maybe I've seen too many Mission Impossible or Jason Bourn movies.
Or Maybe this is all just a pump and dump scheme for making money... buy the stock, pump the stock, dump it,go to Taiwan... stir up enough trouble so the stock tanks... buy back in at a lower price.

THey're Democrats of course there's a money making angle for them....
While I may joke about her getting shot down, I’d be pissed and expect the military to make a proportional strike on China. She might be a retarded, geriatric lush but she’s ~our~ retarded, geriatric lush.
Or Maybe this is all just a pump and dump scheme for making money... buy the stock, pump the stock, dump it,go to Taiwan... stir up enough trouble so the stock tanks... buy back in at a lower price.

THey're Democrats of course there's a money making angle for them.... Originally Posted by texassapper
Easier to short it, then go stir the shit.
I have no reason to think that this might be so, but the thought popped into my head as a " What would you do? sort of way.

I am thinking that if I were in charge, I'd get Speaker Pelosi's plane to go to Tiwan . . .but she wouldn't be on it. Everyone else in her party would be. Even a body double perhaps.

Then, (somehow) get her there anyway there anyway . . .

Not sure what the point wouild be. Maybe I've seen too many Mission Impossible or Jason Bourn movies. Originally Posted by ICU 812

John Kirby just held a press conference where he did everything but send Xi flowers as one commentator said.

But the "big reveal" was that Pelosi and Biden supposedly had no direct discussion on the matter and that when Pelosi was told that neither the President or Gen. Milley said she shouldn't go, Pelosi reportedly said "nobody has said anything to me about that". All of that making Biden look weak in the eyes of the CCP as if they could possibly think any less of Biden by now.

As to your "what if", I think it would be compounding the mistake of going , in my opinion, by trying to be cute about it. The thing seems to be, the fact that a US military plane would be landing on the island no matter who is in it and to send that plane there without her in it could be seen as an additional fuck you to XI.

And the question has to be asked "why"? Why is this necessary to do other than to provoke at this point? Pelosi put herself in this box apparently with no direction from Biden or the military and now she'll look weak by not going and will certainly get a response from China, short of shooting down her plane which I see no chance of happening, if she does.

This will be, in baseball terms, an unforced error if she goes, again, just my personal opinion and this coming from someone who thinks we should announce to the world that we will start to "un-couple" from China on everything but the garbage they sell at Walmart. Nothing of strategic value should be bought from China going forward and it will take a long time, perhaps to long to get this done but it has to be done.
chairman xi is not going do anything.

no one has ever started a war over a govt. official's visit to a country...

not over her tho.

Pelosi is no helen of troy.

yeah.. give Xi a nice little fuck you.
Never believed they would shoot down her plane but this could do nothing other than confirm to the Chinese the "necessity" of taking Taiwan. They will never again let Taiwan be used by a foreign power as a staging ground in conflict with China.

During World War II, Japan used Taiwan as a staging base for their conquest of Southeast Asia.
i'm enough of a cynic to have the passing thought that somehow this drama and resultant bravery on the part of biden and pelosi was staged by biden, xi and pelosi, for the benefit of these comrades
Well, she went, and the Chinese scrambled some fighter jets, but nothing happened.

If I were President (Or Mr. Trump) there would now be a jumbo jet full of civilian, diplomatic, legislative, military folks and journalists on their way to Tiwan . . .if only to sample the cuisine.

I'd have T-shirts made up for the occasion (also available on Amazon) and get some country singer to record a song about his trip.

Other stuff too, but you get the idea.
pelosi did pass out pens lauding herself

t shirts might not be far away

biden trades on his office for lucre

pelosi, bags already full of the stuff, now trades on the safety of the nation for pride
Pretty daffy discussion

Notably is how it went from a speculative prediction to trading on the safety of the nation for Pride.
he wondered what the point would be (of her trip)

so quite in keeping with the thread

do try to keep up, its tiresome when people dont
And I was commenting on the wild accusation made by … you.
One last fling before she is kicked out of office. The good news is, at her age, even if Democrats were able to regain the House ( after losing it in 2022 ) in 2024 ( unlikely ) Pelosi will be long gone from politics. RIP Nancy ( Rest in Pain ).
One last fling before she is kicked out of office. The good news is, at her age, even if Democrats were able to regain the House ( after losing it in 2022 ) in 2024 ( unlikely ) Pelosi will be long gone from politics. RIP Nancy ( Rest in Pain ) with her drunk husband. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
ftfy!