Federal judge in Kentucky dismisses Nick Sandman lawsuits

A Kentucky federal judge granted a summary judgment to the 5 media outlets being sued.

"In granting the organizations’ motions for summary judgment, senior U.S. District Judge William O. Bertelsman determined that the allegedly defamatory claims about Sandmann were expressions of opinion protected under First Amendment doctrine."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...amation-suits/

That little shitass thought he'd cash in. Slam dunk, indeed.

Is he responsible for court costs now?
Didn't see any mention of that.
At least the media organizations aren't whining about their legal fees that they actually had to pay themselves.

Not someone like Flynn, who pleaded guilty to a felony and who many posters on here claim the legal fees he incurred (which he didn't pay for himself) would bankrupt him. The reason his legal fees were so high is because not only did he commit a crime, the bastard tried to renege on a very generous plea deal.
People who would let a felon go but cry about someone hitting the RTM button on them.
Talk about chickenshit.
That little shitass thought he'd cash in. Slam dunk, indeed.

Is he responsible for court costs now? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You forgot cocksucker MUNCHY...
This message is hidden because bb1961 is on your ignore list.
.... Refile... Continue along... It's the American Way!

### Salty
.... Refile... Continue along... It's the American Way!

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
He’s a real hero, eh?
The young man has settled five other lawsuits already against CNN and others. All were won adjudicated against im, but "won" on appeal . . .then settled.

The cases are all very similar I am told, so it looks like many, if not all of this set of suits will eventually be settled too.
at times the road to truth, justice and the american way has a few bumps and a pothole or two

for that way is barred by snarling hounds of the subverters

winning or losing, to have the chance to swat at the terrible and the profane is worth the trouble and is satisfaction of another kind
Snarling hounds of the subverters.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
Media should be held accountable. Sue em till they can only report "just the facts ma'am"
How’s that working out for Alex Jones?

I agree, though.

At what point do people become responsible for being dumbasses and spreading the bullshit?
I am a father and grandfather with mature and maturing offspring. My direct experience is limited to one son, now 42, and one grandson, now 12. Yet it is my observation that what is going on for Nick Sandman comes at the most formative time in his life; that transition from adolescence in High School through his growing maturity as a college age adult.

That he is in-the-righ,t and that powers which can topple politicians and governments are directed at him, and they have reluctantly been forced to acknowledge themselves to be in the wrong, must be deeply influencing this young man's developing world view and self-image.

Not to mention that any thoughts of a career in industry, business or any other field are now completely overshadowed or warped by the ongoing events surrounding him. Despite the efforts of parents and others, young Sandman has become a celebrity. He will never be able to engage in any endeavor without being thought of as "that guy". Celebrity of any sort is a difficult pathway strewn with many who failed to deal with or adapt to the forces that beat on those who are widely famous or just forever newsworthy.

He has won ccases through settlement and will win more cases. As a proud parent and prouder grandparent, I hope all this turns out well for Mr. Sandman. And I don't mean the money.
well typed
An arrogant little Victim manipulated by the Trump cult.