How long are references and P-411 OK's valid?

I am taking a hiatus from the hobby. My question is how long are the references and P-411 OK's that I have built up valid?

I do not know that I will ever return to playing, but I would hate to lose the references that I have built up.
they have online chat on the p411 site, just ask them. They are very upfront in answering questions.
There are actually three parts to your question.

1. I have OKs on there dating back to January of 2008 when I joined, so I don't think they go away.

2. How long will P411 keep your info if you don't renew your account? Are you planning to continue to ante up every year?

3. The biggest question is whether a provider will accept an old OK. Some providers won't accept a P411 reference if the hobbyist's most recent OKs are older than the provider is comfortable with. This can obviously vary from provider to provider.
The OK's will stay remain as long as your account is active, I believe, as I have OK's from retired providers that still show up. You can request a renewal from the provider, and if she chooses to do so, she can. Of course, you have to have seen her since the first OK to get a renew...unless she likes you so much that she loves to hit 'renew' every so often without you asking.
For as long as the account is active.
3. The biggest question is whether a provider will accept an old OK. Some providers won't accept a P411 reference if the hobbyist's most recent OKs are older than the provider is comfortable with. This can obviously vary from provider to provider. Originally Posted by bullet0122
This is most likely what you need to be concerned with...

Just my .02
I did not write my question clearly, but Bullet's # 3 was the intent of my post. What is the rule of thumb among the ladies, if there is such a thing, about references?

One lady told me today that anything older than 2 months is too old unless she knows you.

I was hoping to hear from some of the providers so I could get an idea of how long I have before I need to take some action. I also have P-411 OK's dating from the time that I first joined the site. But just because I have them doesn't mean that the lady I wish to see will accept them due to their age.

Thanks for all of the responses.
There was a thread on this subject a while back but I don't remember when or which board. I do recall the age range for the most recent P411 OK providers would accept being between two to six months. Anything longer than that and you will probably have to find some "newbie friendly" girls to reestablish your cred.
I am taking a hiatus from the hobby. My question is how long are the references and P-411 OK's that I have built up valid?

I do not know that I will ever return to playing, but I would hate to lose the references that I have built up. Originally Posted by 1Curiousguy
I know that I personally would not take referrences that are more than 3-4 months old on P411.
I can tell you it certainly varies with each provider.

I had one provider not take a reference which was 5 weeks old - she said it was too old.

I have had providers tell me they didn't care if the reference was 2-3 years old.

Like everything else in this hobby, ask the provider what she requires. Communication is the key.
Each provider is different. I will accept references up to 6 months old as long as the lady is reputable and can actually remember the gentleman. I have had some that were 3 months old and the provider could not remember anything about the man but knew she saw him because he was saved in her phone. To me, that is not a good reference.
1Curious,
When I came back from my 3 year hiatus, I used my old refrences, I just had to do a seach and pm then, and that is how I got into my first few, plus it doesn't hurt if you were a frequent flyer like I was back then.
I've never been a frequent flier, so-to-speak. I only wish that I could have been.

I posed this question to a couple of my references and they recommended that I find a couple of regulars and see them on occasion to keep references fresh. I wouldn't exactly be on hiatus, though, if I did that.

Now both ladies are from Louisiana so now I have to wonder whether out-of-state references would be acceptable? One of the ladies visits Houston a couple of times per year, so it would be easy to see her.

And hartzboy gives me another thought. I wonder if the ladies that I see most often would see me after my hiatus without checking my references again?

This is a lot more complex than I thought that it would be.

Thanks to all who have answered, I now have a lot more to consider.
I've never been a frequent flier, so-to-speak. I only wish that I could have been.

I posed this question to a couple of my references and they recommended that I find a couple of regulars and see them on occasion to keep references fresh. I wouldn't exactly be on hiatus, though, if I did that.

Now both ladies are from Louisiana so now I have to wonder whether out-of-state references would be acceptable? One of the ladies visits Houston a couple of times per year, so it would be easy to see her.

And hartzboy gives me another thought. I wonder if the ladies that I see most often would see me after my hiatus without checking my references again?

This is a lot more complex than I thought that it would be.

Thanks to all who have answered, I now have a lot more to consider. Originally Posted by 1Curiousguy
I've been in hobby land for a little over 2 years now. This is my input.... If you keep your P411 active, even while you're on break, that will help you somewhat. As for what each invidual provider requires for screening, that is another story. I won't accept references or oks that are more than 6 months old. In addition, I won't accept references from "unknown" or "unreputable" providers. It is a double edged sword at times, isn't it?