Boycott Starbucks !!!!

I got this message from a friend who is a veteran. I understand not everyone understands the concept that our men and women unselfishly volunteer for the freedom of others but this is horrible .

( Semper Fi Marine. Hope you are well.
A good friend of mine sent me an e-mail about how Starbucks disrespected some of your fellow Leathernecks. They were deployed to the " STAN " and wrote a letter to Starbucks seeking any free samples they could get from the company. Starbucks sent back a response to their request that they ( Starbucks ) : don't support the war or its goals OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN IT !
I've never purchased anything from those pretentious pricks before and damn sure won't now. It's my intent to spread the word to as many vets and active duty folks as I come across. There is a Starbucks in Wilford Hall Military Medical Clinic, so I wonder how the company justifies taking the money of sick and wounded active duty and retired military personnel and their dependents and having a " no tolerance " for the very people that are deployed to protect their freedom ?
War has been declared by this former squid Marine !
Hope you and your " critters " are doing well. )

Starbucks could have respectively declined a response at all but to give this answer ?
sounds like bullshit axe grinding. lot of fake news going around, mainly by those that cry fake news at the drop of a hat.
Fake News... do some research before you repost crap.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
And how exactly is this thread hobby related?
Not hobby related.

Moved to the correct forum.
This is how people get stupid idiots like this to spread their agenda. Starbucks is everywhere for the soldiers serving in the middle east. Not only that, but this bullshit story has been out there for years. Always some tool around to keep it alive.
  • ~Ze~
  • 02-23-2018, 09:51 PM
How about you boycott Starbucks because their coffee sucks.

Also, LOL, that people keep falling for shit like this. *sigh*
I have to admit, I'm with Ze on this one.......so many other places serve a better cup o' joe than SB.....that said......

.....a Starbucks in my locality employs a barrister I'd truly love to tap...sweet lord, she's an absolute gem.

As she artfully crafts my double espresso I cannot help but fantasize what I'd do with her if given the opportunity.

(note: sorry OP....not intentionally hijacking your thread....it's just that it's cold and wet this morning (Again!) and I guess I'm just a little extra horny this Sat morn..... can't help but wonder if my atf can get her hands on a Starbucks uniform for a little RP later on.....lol)

have not been in years and Never will!!!!
The original post was from a story from 2004.
I got this message from a friend who is a veteran. I understand not everyone understands the concept that our men and women unselfishly volunteer for the freedom of others but this is horrible .

( Semper Fi Marine. Hope you are well.
A good friend of mine sent me an e-mail about how Starbucks disrespected some of your fellow Leathernecks. They were deployed to the " STAN " and wrote a letter to Starbucks seeking any free samples they could get from the company. Starbucks sent back a response to their request that they ( Starbucks ) : don't support the war or its goals OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN IT !
I've never purchased anything from those pretentious pricks before and damn sure won't now. It's my intent to spread the word to as many vets and active duty folks as I come across. There is a Starbucks in Wilford Hall Military Medical Clinic, so I wonder how the company justifies taking the money of sick and wounded active duty and retired military personnel and their dependents and having a " no tolerance " for the very people that are deployed to protect their freedom ?
War has been declared by this former squid Marine !
Hope you and your " critters " are doing well. )

Starbucks could have respectively declined a response at all but to give this answer ? Originally Posted by Cadence Steele

This is total bullshit. I spent 3 years in Afghanistan and there were pallets of that shit there. Starbucks sent a fuck ton of coffee to both Iraq and Afghanistan (I did a total of 3.5 years in Iraq too). Right about the time this story came out.
Ignorance runs rampant.
"Starbucks sent a fuck ton of coffee to both Iraq and Afghanistan (I did a total of 3.5 years in Iraq too)." - my observation also.

No good deed goes unpunished. The sad thing is this was spread around again by a person claiming to be a "vet". We have a fucked up sense of patriotism sometimes.
  • Crock
  • 02-24-2018, 04:07 PM

Also, LOL, that people keep falling for shit like this. *sigh* Originally Posted by ~Ze~
Their coffee may not be the best but it's pretty darn consistent.

You can usually only find great coffee in a mom and pop cafe. Unfortunately, you'll often find HORRIBLE coffee in independent cafes.

Starbucks is consistently OK coffee. Not great, maybe not even good, but certainly not bad. And they're EVERYWHERE when I want a cuppa.

If you want Starbucks to be more palatable, stick to their espresso. I rather like their new blonde roast espresso.

Oh, and my dad forwards stupid emails like the OP. It always depresses me because he used to be sharp as a tack and now he's always falling for stupid shit.

Also, LOL, that people keep falling for shit like this. *sigh* Originally Posted by ~Ze~
+1 shirty coffee full of sugar and artificial flavors to hide the burnt bitter taste of the coffee