Bad experience with Janelle Park

So, I set up an appointment with her over a week in advance. I tell her I'll be in the downtown area around a specific time, but I don't know the precise moment I'll be available. I ask her if it's okay if I arrive at her place between x time and y time. I didn't know if she had other plans that particular night or was busy in general, but she says that's fine... However, ever since initially reaching out, all the way up to the day prior to the appointment, I notice her average response time tends to be excessively long. Nevertheless, the day of the appointment she's responding rather quickly.

About 3 hours prior to the earliest arrival time, I inform her that my business dinner was going to start just slightly early. And when I say "slightly", I mean less than half an hour, not a major change. She responds asking if the initial arrival window no longer works. Now... this is where I personally feel she became incredibly unprofessional and demonstrated she's severely lacking in communication ability.

So I simply informed her that just like anyone else on any other eating occasion, no one knows with 100% certainty the exact moment that the gathering will be concluded. Now if you were in a board meeting at a hospital with a doctor set to perform surgery at 10 AM, and the director announces in the morning "This meeting will run from 9:30 to 10 AM sharp!" Then obviously as an attendee of the meeting you would expect it to be concluded by 10:01 AM without a doubt. However, when I first made the appointment I gave her the arrival window based on past experience and a general idea of how long dinner would take with this particular individual.

In the same correspondence I asked if it was possible for her to bed ready about half an hour earlier than what I had requested over a week ago. Here's the thing: I said nothing along the lines of "I can only see you half an hour earlier now." I didn't demand that we advance the appointment time, nor did I tell her that that was the only time I would be available. It was nothing more than an open ended question as to whether it was even possible. Of course as you've probably guessed by now, her response was "I believe I'm going to have to cancel."

While I am shocked, I reply stating I could always sit around the restaurant bar after the other party has left, or find something else to do with my time in downtown Chicago, and therefore wait for her to be ready by the time of the initial appointment window. And what happens? She doesn't even respond at all. And all of this is occurs less than 3 hours before the appointment is set to take place.

I wouldn't be calling her out as a rude maladroit if I had said "I can only meet you at a time earlier than what we agreed to." Because that's not what happened; I simply asked if something was possible, and she didn't even have the courtesy to say "No that's not possible, I can only meet you during the original appointment window. Can you still see me during that time?" She hasn't even responded to this day. I don't know why anyone would want to deal with someone like that, especially if you are trying to plan your evening around seeing her. When I first contacted her, I even offered to send her a deposit based on her info online. Whew, good thing I didn't do that...

I'm sure at some point someone will bring this post to her attention, so I'll just leave a little tidbit here for her.

weeee.jpg

https://www.meetjanellepark.com/