Why Close the Threads?

Just curious why are the threads closed? Threads should be allowed to die a natural death.
Mods are not using moderation in their moderating, over moderating this place into a graveyard. Threads don't run the course, vets aren't posting anymore, reviews have become newbie over excited fluff. Not much information at all! These are adult forums and need no babysitting. The hypocricy is thick also, enough with the bullshit!
and a thread was so full of info ta boot.
I am part to blame for this. I helped steer it pretty far left and took things up to a notch that was too far. My feathers got ruffled and I'm rather fond of Anne and didn't appreciate the way she was being talked to. Regardless of where I stood on the topic , I am sorry to anyone participating in or enjoying the conversation before it got derailed. I love the fact that the mods are keeping our insulting posts in check. I enjoy things much more around here without everyone getting ugly.
I agree, threads usually should not be closed due to insults. But it makes the MODS life easier to close, I get that.

IF the over sensitive people need some protection or backing, then "Report Post", MODS can point the offenders, eventually send them on a mandatory vacation.

Let the threads live on, unless it's one of those he said / she said drama threads, then close them after both parties had their say and want it closed.
OR when old reviews are opened with no new important info, then close those, that does help.

BTW, I liked the old PB better (just saying).
Its ok, we all have our personalities that we need to let come out once in a while.
If modtards want an easier life, ambassadorships are available to lockitupistan and nodramaville........ijs
I agree, threads usually should not be closed due to insults. But it makes the MODS life easier to close, I get that.

IF the over sensitive people need some protection or backing, then "Report Post", MODS can point them, eventually send them on a mandatory vacation,
But let the threads live on, unless it's one of those he said / she said drama threads, then close them after both parties had their say and want it closed. Originally Posted by fun2come

I agree, and I believe one or two of the mods on here are closing threads for the proper reasons, mainly for the last sentence that F2C mentioned. I think when threads become hijacked or spiral out of control, then it becomes necessary to go "click" on it. But, I think some mods close them because they don't like what they see.

I'm just saying here. If any of our three mods read this post, I want you guys to know that I cannot do a better job. I can understand that they become bogged down with being firefighters, i.e. putting out the drama fires. Sometimes those threads warrant being closed.
  • Loxly
  • 08-17-2013, 10:21 AM
"A Policeman's lot is not a happy one!" Neither is a Mod's.

While the original intent was good the reality, had it gone on into 50+ pages, would have made it difficult to search through. Until such time as the "hobby" becomes legal our best "Angie's List" remains the ISO, Alerts and Men's Lounge forums and will have to serve as the resource.
I'm the exact same person I always was. The only reason I jumped in threads all those months ago was because I was tired of guys being so disrespectful and insulting and bullying others and I wanted to serve their shit back to them. If I jump in and dish it back out ... then I am no better then they.
That is exactly why I'm happy the mods jumped in. If they are doing what I believe is in the best interest of this community ... I won't feel the need to jump in and balance some fairness.
  • Annef
  • 08-17-2013, 11:16 AM
I am glad I got to comment on the thread has it has been bugging me for weeks, but sorry if I helped to get the thread closed. I was little surprised. You know if this woman wants to offer this "service", she could just put it on her website. Problem solved. Thanks, purtybaby, but honestly, I have very thick skin and not sure if some of those comments were solely directed at me or just at "whores" in general. But, my tone was probably not terribly helpful as well. I don't tend to call names when I'm angry, but I can get nasty in my own way. I shall tiptoe around quietly from here o out. Okay, enough of eccie today; its a beautiful day! Like my mom used to say, you guys need to go outside to play.
I am part to blame for this. I helped steer it pretty far left and took things up to a notch that was too far. My feathers got ruffled and I'm rather fond of Anne and didn't appreciate the way she was being talked to. Regardless of where I stood on the topic , I am sorry to anyone participating in or enjoying the conversation before it got derailed. I love the fact that the mods are keeping our insulting posts in check. I enjoy things much more around here without everyone getting ugly. Originally Posted by purtybaby
I'm the exact same person I always was. The only reason I jumped in threads all those months ago was because I was tired of guys being so disrespectful and insulting and bullying others and I wanted to serve their shit back to them. If I jump in and dish it back out ... then I am no better then they. Originally Posted by purtybaby
That is exactly why I'm happy the mods jumped in. If they are doing what I believe is in the best interest of this community ... I won't feel the need to jump in and balance some fairness. Originally Posted by purtybaby
You go girl!
  • onei
  • 08-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Dammit! I missed all the fun!
Well thank you so much SL
That SL guy will kiss up to any gal ta give her a T-shirt