guideline question

Loki Pk
Alpha and Omega Moderator

Reviews: 103

#5 - Outing or threats of outing are taken seriously. Membership here is anonymous and for the privacy of our members it will remain that way. That means any effort or attempt to connect a person's real world information to their username on this board will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. This includes real names, employment, medical info, addresses past or present, images, criminal or driving record, etc. We expect everyone who participates here to respect and go to great lengths to protect the anonymity and privacy of one another. Reckless disregard or accidental outing will also be taken very seriously.

it could include posting or otherwise sharing of personal details on this site, or another site that could/would allow someone to connect the dots and figure out exactly who he/she is in the real world....

Gentlemen!!! revealing personal info is forbidden...that includes quoting other knuckleheads who reveal that information first.
The rules are very clear and considered zero tolerence.

Peace
PK

ECCIE Guidelines here; http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5
For premium access info click here;
http://www.eccie.net/ecciesubscriptions.php?do=premium
#5 - Outing or threats of outing are taken seriously. Membership here is anonymous and for the privacy of our members it will remain that way. That means any effort or attempt to connect a person's real world information to their username on this board will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. This includes real names, employment, medical info, addresses past or present, images, criminal or driving record, etc. We expect everyone who participates here to respect and go to great lengths to protect the anonymity and privacy of one another. Reckless disregard or accidental outing will also be taken very seriously.
when did quoting start being part of that guideline 5?
and
you have no control over other sites, or are you going to send points/ban for news sites ?
when did quoting start being part of that guideline 5?
and
you have no control over other sites, or are you going to send points/ban for news sites ? Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
I guess you want both your asses banned..
I guess you want both your asses banned.. Originally Posted by Warrenajeffers
I have had other mods and will a now gone Admin tell me you can quote a violation but the quote is more work for mod but not a violation

and really how can mod on this site think can control other sites
OSD - ever since I joined eccie many years ago , you have consistently pushed the limits of the rules. On one hand , I admire consistency ( be it good or bad ) and I've always enjoyed reading your posts. On the other hand, you have recently returned from a " forced vacation " from eccie . Lesson learned maybe ?
OSD - ever since I joined eccie many years ago , you have consistently pushed the limits of the rules. On one hand , I admire consistency ( be it good or bad ) and I've always enjoyed reading your posts. On the other hand, you have recently returned from a " forced vacation " from eccie . Lesson learned maybe ? Originally Posted by RODOSH
ya for road mapping as I never posted a link in that thread
I named a town and a hotel. Not even saying why,. just don't posts links.
But if ya read links posted by others that also got banned then your safe from... if you was living in the ROC area.
Warren Jaffers and Rodrash for Awbany ATSH!!!!!
If you link to RL information from other sites you are outing.
If your quote contains that link...providing that same info.... it was handled the same way.

That seems very different from quoting somebodies words and responding to them.....feeling the 'need' to respond 'directly' to those words....especially if they relate to a prohibited topic.

not the same as the >>>>look here for RL info<<< hotlink the quote in that situation provides... considering the OP topic of that thread.

PK
If your quote contains that link...providing that same info.... it was handled the same way.

That seems very different from quoting somebodies words and responding to them.....feeling the 'need' to respond 'directly' to those words....especially if they relate to a prohibited topic.

not the same as the >>>>look here for RL info<<< hotlink the quote in that situation provides... considering the OP topic of that thread.

PK Originally Posted by Loki Pk
You got promoted to ATSH already???
dafuq.......

and sorry... but yer blue linck doesn't worck.....

PK Originally Posted by Loki Pk
For the record... I was wrong regarding the quote as a violation.
Merely quoting the violation is not, in and of itself another violation. even though it provides the same information, it is the OP's cross to bear.
Peace
PK
It is also a stretch to be banning someone for mentioning that it's not okay to say that he knows a provider from such and such town that he ran into at a local watering hole....

but we can argue that in Upset....
06-23-2017, 12:48 PM #13 Mtnliving
Valued Poster

Reviews: 28
your Welcome Mtnliving. And Welcome back
and thanks Loki. . The debate was fun. And you could be a keeper modtard

btw Mtnliving your wording made it a close call imho. Please be more careful posting
It is also a stretch to be banning someone for mentioning that it's not okay to say that he knows a provider from such and such town that he ran into at a local watering hole....

but we can argue that in Upset.... Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
ugh
it not easy pushing the debate on to that but trying
but be nice ta Loki if we lose
but planing on winning that also
OSD - ever since I joined eccie many years ago , you have consistently pushed the limits of the rules. On one hand , I admire consistency ( be it good or bad ) and I've always enjoyed reading your posts. On the other hand, you have recently returned from a " forced vacation " from eccie . Lesson learned maybe ? Originally Posted by RODOSH
can ya wish me luck on another matter

just copy your post^^^^ to ask the staff Upset NY please and thank you
you will find the thread easy to find
but be nice ta Loki if we lose Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
When am I NOT nice?
An yeah... Loki could be a keeper....
I remember when CC not Clam was pressuring me for dutie... I kept telling him I'd have made GP look like a saint....
Took me the better part of an hour to convince him...