why eccie not" open" like 0h2?

does anyone know WHY eccie has decided to be only review board, while on OH2 anyone can post anything--pics, prices, services, hobbyist requests , etc.
Is it because eccie has administrative office in USA and is afraid of legal liabilty,
while OH2 has office outside USA, so not afraid of legality?-
-most old eccie members are now on OH2, while eccie has become a ghost town...just a shadow if its former self...so sad....
does anyone know WHY eccie has decided to be only review board, while on OH2 anyone can post anything--pics, prices, services, hobbyist requests , etc.
Is it because eccie has administrative office in USA and is afraid of legal liabilty,
while OH2 has office outside USA, so not afraid of legality?-
-most old eccie members are now on OH2, while eccie has become a ghost town...just a shadow if its former self...so sad.... Originally Posted by Sherry of DFW
Eccie has adapted to the new laws. While oh2's naive owner thinks because his server is over seas he is safe. Many more sites have been shut down the last few weeks. oh2 may be next. Where the server is doesnt matter
One can speculate on why oh2 has decided on fewer changes, but only one man knows for sure and I doubt he will share his legal strategy publicly.

I don’t think your assumptions regarding who has what offshore are totally correct, and wouldn’t matter in any case. There are numerous threads explaining why, dating back to when FOSTA/SESTA first became law.
Eccie has adapted to the new laws. While oh2's naive owner thinks because his server is over seas he is safe. Many more sites have been shut down the last few weeks. oh2 may be next. Where the server is doesnt matter Originally Posted by winn dixie
Yup he’ll being doing the perp walk if he doesn’t croak first.
Doesn’t matter where his servers are, crimes are being committed in Texas.
Eccie has always wanted to be a private board for the hobby, allowing only chosen members, but the financial windfall of banner ads and PA payments were too great, so they let all in, especially letting those that are in the adult advertising services that Eccie would be the best place by letting them view the member count and all.

But, after the laws changed and members were requesting deletion of their accounts by the truckload, Eccie taking away all ad, ISO and WW forums (although the WW forum is still on the main page), and being able to post pics and $$ in the reviews (but you can put the activities in the review template), then the public portion of this site has been a shell of it's former self. But, the original wish has come true in that the cool kids that kiss the ring are in private forums on Eccie.
1. No-- Eccie never "wanted" to be a private board for the hobby. It was created around the time that the first signs of impending death were seen over on ASPD as a backup as not everyone likes/trusts/wanted to deal with CK and his version of a backup board-- who was the only "other" real option for a Texas board at that point in time. My original handle was one of the first few hundred on the site-- and I was a virtual unknown at that point.

2. There is a lot of history with the owner of OH2.. and to me, explains a lot of things. And... that's all I'm willing to say.
Ahhhh careless and a cop magnet, yeah that’s posted a lot.
1. No-- Eccie never "wanted" to be a private board for the hobby. It was created around the time that the first signs of impending death were seen over on ASPD as a backup as not everyone likes/trusts/wanted to deal with CK and his version of a backup board-- who was the only "other" real option for a Texas board at that point in time. My original handle was one of the first few hundred on the site-- and I was a virtual unknown at that point.

2. There is a lot of history with the owner of OH2.. and to me, explains a lot of things. And... that's all I'm willing to say. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
That "history" is why i cant believe anyone defends that owner!
But, the original wish has come true in that the cool kids that kiss the ring are in private forums on Eccie.

There are no private forums on ECCIE.
But, the original wish has come true in that the cool kids that kiss the ring are in private forums on Eccie.

There are no private forums on ECCIE. Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo
You will have to forgive coyote his ignorance. He took some things he thought he knew based on the old Eccie, and with a little encouragement has concocted this whole little conspiracy of private forums where all the action has moved. It should be pretty obvious to him and everyone paying attention that the joke is on him.

There isn’t an underground version of the site continuing the good work of the past. WYSIWYG with today’s Eccie. Coyote is now so eaten up by the thought he’s not part of the cool kid’s club where all the real info is being shared that he’s unable to see that he’s been the butt end of the joke for months now.

Coyote says he has me on ignore, so he won’t respond directly to this post unless someone quotes me (please don’t; it’s more fun that way). For the rest of you wondering how to get into the so-called private forums: stop asking. You’re wasting your breath because there isn’t some treasure room for you to discover.

Meanwhile, join me in laughing at his continued delusion as long as it lasts.

Coyote says he has me on ignore, so he won’t respond directly to this post unless someone quotes me (please don’t; it’s more fun that way). Originally Posted by TinMan

Just quoted this part.. because I thought it would make the whole thing even more comical.
Damn you, Gracie

Now let’s see how serious he is about that signature line of his.
LOL now he won't know what to believe!
  • BLM69
  • 07-14-2020, 09:54 PM
You will have to forgive coyote his ignorance. He took some things he thought he knew based on the old Eccie, and with a little encouragement has concocted this whole little conspiracy of private forums where all the action has moved. It should be pretty obvious to him and everyone paying attention that the joke is on him.

There isn’t an underground version of the site continuing the good work of the past. WYSIWYG with today’s Eccie. Coyote is now so eaten up by the thought he’s not part of the cool kid’s club where all the real info is being shared that he’s unable to see that he’s been the butt end of the joke for months now.

Coyote says he has me on ignore, so he won’t respond directly to this post unless someone quotes me (please don’t; it’s more fun that way). For the rest of you wondering how to get into the so-called private forums: stop asking. You’re wasting your breath because there isn’t some treasure room for you to discover.

Meanwhile, join me in laughing at his continued delusion as long as it lasts. Originally Posted by TinMan
You're saying there's no more spider hole?

There should atleast be a treasure room (or two) to discover. That be something nice