Burner phone - no text

• Go4it
  • 10-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Got a little problem here and wondered if anyone could shed some light.

I got a new burner phone (Android) about 2 months ago. Using Unlimited card. Provided unlimited text, talk, data but speed gets slower the more you use it. Supposedly that only affects data straming etc. Goes from 4G to 2G after a set GB. Last month I had no problem with text at any time. I have about 12 days left on this card and everytime I send a text it just says "sending" and never completes. My RL phone is an IPhone so I'm not real familiar with the Android.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get texts to send.

Thanks.
Who is your carrier? I would guess it is probably something to do with your carrier or your plan. I've had Android for years and I've never had a text refuse to send, but I've always had an unlimited text message plan in recent years. Is it possible you have a limit on text messages per month in your plan?

My T-Mobile plan used to be a limited data plan, but when you hit the data limit they just throttled back the speed instead of cutting you off. That is probably what you are running into with the data speed. Now I have unlimited data (I think, I never hit a limit so I don't really know).

I'd check into your plan and see if there are limits. Also, each carrier customizes Android, so it's possible there's something weird about your phone but it seems less likely.

**EDIT** Oops, sorry. I just reread your post and I see that you say your are using an unlimited card. So, maybe I'm off-base. Still, depending on the carrier, I think it might still be worth checking into whether "unlimited" really means unlimited, or whether there's any fine print.
The other thing you could do is see how to do a factory reset on your phone and see if that fixes the problem. But be sure to back up contacts and data first if you have anything important stored.
Try turning off your phone, then turn back on again. Sometimes a simple reboot will fix a problem
bro get a use iphone. its pretty easy.
  • Go4it
  • 10-24-2017, 12:30 AM
I agree Jayt - I use an iPhone for my RW stuff. I only got the Android because it was cheaper. But --- if anyone is interested - I finally found the problem. It was in Airplane mode. I took it out of airplane mode and all was well until the next time I shut it off and when I turned it back on it was in airplane mode again. Has happened several times. I THINK it happens when I turn it off my big fat fingers hit a button very close to the log off which is -- duh -- Airplane Mode. Pain in the ass but at least I know what to look for now.
Smart phones are the worst to have as a burner phone. You don’t want any phone that is “smart” if you value discretion. A cheap ole talk and text phone is the best burner phone. Just talk and text, no downloads, no apps, no data, no nothing.
Yes just pull out the battery and put it back in. Usually works with phones like these.