Renting a Home to Provider(s)

I am considering allowing applicants from the hobby world on a rental property. Interested to hear from those of you who do (or did) this (PM if needed).

This is not an ad to solicit potential tenants! This is a post to get info from people who did this before and can talk me in or out of it.

As a hobbyist I understand it can be tough to get a place without proof of steady W2/1099 income and many providers may fall in this category.
What could possibly go wrong?

Sec. 43.04. AGGRAVATED PROMOTION OF PROSTITUTION. (a) A person commits an offense if he knowingly owns, invests in, finances, controls, supervises, or manages a prostitution enterprise that uses two or more prostitutes.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree, except that the offense is a felony of the first degree if the prostitution enterprise uses as a prostitute one or more persons younger than 18 years of age, regardless of whether the actor knows the age of the person at the time the actor commits the offense.
Why? Looking for free pussy? With most girls here it'll be nothing but problems.
What could possibly go wrong?

Sec. 43.04. AGGRAVATED PROMOTION OF PROSTITUTION. (a) A person commits an offense if he knowingly owns, invests in, finances, controls, supervises, or manages a prostitution enterprise that uses two or more prostitutes. Originally Posted by mtabsw

Guess he only needs to rent to one then lol
This idea has disaster written all over it.

You're an idiot.
Sure why not? I actually enjoy reading those "I done gone fucked up" threads.

I'm not exactly sure why you would be willing to expose your private assets to a possible audit, especially when there is no significant increase on your return of investment.

Providers know how to launder their money. It's not hard. Don't put yourself at risk.

What exactly are the forum's rules in regards to discussion of money laundering and other related activities? There are ways to launder that money and do it tax free. Takes a bit of paper work, time, and highly illegal. But if you have the infrastructure already set up, then its a breeze.

Personally, let uncle sam dip his dick in your honey pot.
Put an ad on Craigslist female needed to rent home. Then screen when you get someone who has no credit or job history bingo there you go. Really what could go wrong.

It's almost certainly a bad idea.

So many things can go wrong with providers. Anything from crazy (ex)boyfriends to the lady falling ill, not being able to hobby, and then not being able to pay her rent. Also the hobby in Dallas is very fickle.

Stick to tenants with verifiable income. A lady that hobbies but handles her money maturely won't have to tell you she's hobbying, she will have either bank statements or tax returns to verify her income to potential rental properties and will want to be treated like just another tenant.

Edit: she may even have actual pay-stubs if she's crafty enough.

The applicant will usually have kid(s) around. You might want to narrow down your search/filter.
Don't do it
Go ahead and rent her a car while you're at it.
You might want to put a clause in there saying--Has anyone been convicted or serving a sentence, if yes, please provide additional information.

Also put a list of court date appearances, about 5 to 10 line items.

Name of parole officer.

If you do your screening right, it will pay off.
You're an idiot. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Think this sums up what every rational person is think, thread can be closed now.
This sounds about as safe as shaving your nuts with a chainsaw. What could possibly go wrong?