Kony2012 Worth watching

I already pledged and sent for my kit. Hopefully this vid will impact you too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMbnyc_HUC4

About a 15 min or so video.
I just pledged last night. Kony is a monster who needs to be stopped. Hopefully thanks to this campaign, people will be aware enough to want it to stop.

For anyone who's heard the buzz, but hasn't seen the video; seriously, check it out. Although "Kony 2012" sounds like just another political campaign, it's not. This is a guy leading a resistance army in Uganda. He is abducting young children and forcing them to fight as soldiers and sex slaves. Kony 2012 is an awareness campaign aimed at making people recognize who he is and the severity of the problem. If this happened to your children, it would be all over the news and people would fight to save your child. Let's give these invisible children a voice.
I just pledged last night. Kony is a monster who needs to be stopped. Hopefully thanks to this campaign, people will be aware enough to want it to stop.

For anyone who's heard the buzz, but hasn't seen the video; seriously, check it out. Although "Kony 2012" sounds like just another political campaign, it's not. This is a guy leading a resistance army in Uganda. He is abducting young children and forcing them to fight as soldiers and sex slaves. Kony 2012 is an awareness campaign aimed at making people recognize who he is and the severity of the problem. If this happened to your children, it would be all over the news and people would fight to save your child. Let's give these invisible children a voice. Originally Posted by Monet Violet

Just talked to the nearby Kroger manager about putting some flyers and signs up there. I got the green light. So getting my stuff together and going over there this weekend with my daughter to put them up.
He's been lurking about for a long time. There's no telling how many children have died at his hands, let alone all of the other people sacrificed to keep his army strong. Some people simply cannot be brought to justice without it coming at a horrible cost (Bin Laden, for example) but that doesn't mean justice can't be delivered to them (Bin Laden-like, for example). The U.S. would never do this because it doesn't have any "skin" in the game.
It is amazing what still goes on in this "modern" World.

We have thugs like this subjecting innocent people to unheard of atrocitys for no other reason than pure evil.

We have Countrys being run by Theocracys that will subject their citizens to horrible punishments, and even death, for committing the horrible crime of not adherring to a strict religious code.

And we have "Thugocracys", such as Syria, North Korea, and even China, where the leaders can simply line you against the wall and shoot you with no more due proccess than a stray dog in a pound.

I thank God that I was born in this Country.
And we have "Thugocracys", such as Syria, North Korea, and even China, where the leaders can simply line you against the wall and shoot you with no more due proccess than a stray dog in a pound.

I thank God that I was born in this Country. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Uh, re-read the NDAA of 2012. Our President now has that same authority. Thought you'd like to know.

• Laz
  • 03-09-2012, 09:56 PM
This is a brilliant marketing concept. I agree with his objective and desire to do good but I have to admire the creativity of this as a marketing effort. I am looking forward to April 20th to see what happens.
Things You say like these are reasons why i am so proud of you. You are just awesome!

For anyone who's heard the buzz, but hasn't seen the video; seriously, check it out. Although "Kony 2012" sounds like just another political campaign, it's not. This is a guy leading a resistance army in Uganda. He is abducting young children and forcing them to fight as soldiers and sex slaves. Kony 2012 is an awareness campaign aimed at making people recognize who he is and the severity of the problem. If this happened to your children, it would be all over the news and people would fight to save your child. Let's give these invisible children a voice. Originally Posted by Monet Violet
Follow your money...ijs.
Uh, re-read the NDAA of 2012. Our President now has that same authority. Thought you'd like to know.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Get a grip.
Follow your money...ijs. Originally Posted by boardman
Not only that, but check the info...

Kony has been out of power and in hiding since 2006. Yes, he should be brought to justice for what he did, but knowing what I know about the "charity" behind this-- the video is more of a ploy for money. I mean, think about it... why the urgency of "this video will be gone forever" and "we HAVE to do this in 2012". Why did they not do this back in 2008 when they first FILMED the documentary?
Get a grip. Originally Posted by timpage
Apparently you approve of that authority. Either that or you are ignorant.

• Laz
  • 03-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Hopefully someone will be watching the money and how it is used. I think the video simplifies a complex problem and offers a simplistic solution that on its own will not change anything. However, I still have to admire the marketing.