Game Change.. so glad McCain did not win

Watched this last night. I do realize that some will carry on about the accuracy but some of those who were involved in the campaign and working with her have gone on record saying this was pretty accurate as to what they witnessed and experienced with Sarah Palin. I kinda felt sorry for Sarah Palin because I do understand the tremendous pressures she was under and can completely understand that would bring anyone not use to the national spot light close to a break down. However, it does show how the "fame" and "power" kind of went to her head. It is scary to think that so many thought she was a good candidate for VP. Again, glad McCain didn't win because this would have been a disaster for our country.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc-tv/46669343#46669343
And we are currently NOT in a disaster? R ya seeing how our views differ?

I'm chewing my tongue off right now. You're killing me GP. Luv u anyway though beautiful.
I too watched that film and it only reinforced what I already thought lads--Palin is a total mentalist! How daft can you be not to know what the "Fed" is? I am from the UK and I even know that. Did she go to university? I'm sure she did but what did she bloody learn there? I'm afraid she reinforced what many folks abroad think of Americans. I know it isn't a fair stereotype but then again why in bloody hell would you put a soddening person like that on your ticket. And, all that religion shite she went on about. It was actually about two hours of pure comedy to be very honest!
  • Doove
  • 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM

I'm chewing my tongue off right now. You're killing me GP. Luv u anyway though beautiful. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
I bet you voted for Bush...twice...didn't ya?
  • CJ7
  • 03-12-2012, 02:23 PM
if you listen to the GOP candidates said disaster doesnt exist in their platform

social issues on the other hand, youbetcha.
  • CJ7
  • 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM
3 good reasons to run a presidenital campaign based on birth control ... not the economy

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-mone...-watchdog-says

I'm chewing my tongue off right now. You're killing me GP. Luv u anyway though beautiful. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Kayla,

In September of 2008 as Bush was entering the last quarter of his his Presidency, the Dow was almost 5,000 points LOWER than it is today. The recession had already started in 2007. The foreclosure crisis was just beginning. We were still in Iraq. Earlier that summer, oil had reached $150 per barrel compared to today's $108 give or take a few dollars or cents. The U.S. auto industry was on the brink of failure.

I could go on but I'd rather you pay attention!

If things weren't like that in September of 2008, please let me know.
Watched this last night. I do realize that some will carry on about the accuracy but some of those who were involved in the campaign and working with her have gone on record saying this was pretty accurate as to what they witnessed and experienced with Sarah Palin. I kinda felt sorry for Sarah Palin because I do understand the tremendous pressures she was under and can completely understand that would bring anyone not use to the national spot light close to a break down. However, it does show how the "fame" and "power" kind of went to her head. It is scary to think that so many thought she was a good candidate for VP. Again, glad McCain didn't win because this would have been a disaster for our country.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc-tv/46669343#46669343 Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures

Very well done. The book is excellent as well, strongly recommend you read it. I believe Steve Schmidt is on the record as saying the movie is accurate.

One thing though GP....you speak in the past tense when you post that it's scary that so many thought she was a good candidate. We haven't seen the last of this ignorant woman. I suspect that the majority of our conservabots who post here would vote for her today for POTUS over any of their current sad sack choices. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets the nod this time around as a Veep candidate choice. She gets the crazies fired up and she'd be a good foil for the Dem's "war on women" strategy.

Now, that's scary.
That Fed question was not reflective of the truth, its not what is in the book. The question she was asked according to the book was "what does the Fed do?" not "what is the Fed?" the screenwrite took artistic liscense with that item in the script. What the fed does is a much more complex answer than what it is. I think they chose quickly and as such they made a superficial decision that frankly looked really good at the convention. It was all the stuff after that put her warts on display.
Very well done. The book is excellent as well, strongly recommend you read it. I believe Steve Schmidt is on the record as saying the movie is accurate.

One thing though GP....you speak in the past tense when you post that it's scary that so many thought she was a good candidate. We haven't seen the last of this ignorant woman. I suspect that the majority of our conservabots who post here would vote for her today for POTUS over any of their current sad sack choices. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets the nod this time around as a Veep candidate choice. She gets the crazies fired up and she'd be a good foil for the Dem's "war on women" strategy.

Now, that's scary. Originally Posted by timpage
Very true and your right.
A comedian, Jon Stewart, for your news, and fictional films and books for your history. No wonder you lefties don’t have a grip on reality.
Actually the book was panned (and that is a bad thing) by the New York Times primarily for it's unsourced quotes. Only one person is saying that the movie is true and that is Steve Schmidt who was McCain's campaign advisor. Of course Schmidt makes a living running campaigns and he needs someone to take the blame for his screwup. Also McCain disavowed what Schmidt said last night on Fox News. So the book was crap, the movie is crappier, and some of you love the taste of crap.
I too watched that film and it only reinforced what I already thought lads--Palin is a total mentalist! How daft can you be not to know what the "Fed" is? I am from the UK and I even know that. Did she go to university? I'm sure she did but what did she bloody learn there? I'm afraid she reinforced what many folks abroad think of Americans. I know it isn't a fair stereotype but then again why in bloody hell would you put a soddening person like that on your ticket. And, all that religion shite she went on about. It was actually about two hours of pure comedy to be very honest! Originally Posted by liberaldevil

Yep, she probably doesn't speak Austrian or know the capitols of all 57 states either! And I'll bet her uncle didn't liberate a concentration camp with the Red Army.

A foreigner who is an outspoken critic of politicians who put America's interests first, now that's a first.

I agree that religion is make believe, but so are HBO movies. Back to ignore now.
Actually the book was panned (and that is a bad thing) by the New York Times primarily for it's unsourced quotes. Only one person is saying that the movie is true and that is Steve Schmidt who was McCain's campaign advisor. Of course Schmidt makes a living running campaigns and he needs someone to take the blame for his screwup. Also McCain disavowed what Schmidt said last night on Fox News. So the book was crap, the movie is crappier, and some of you love the taste of crap. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
No, the book wasn't panned by the NYT. And Schmidt is a GOP operative, he ran the campaign for your candidate....are you saying he is a liar? Nor is he the only one saying the film is true and accurate....former director of communications for the WH has something to say about it as well. And there will be more.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/12/st...ccurate-video/
No, the book wasn't panned by the NYT. And Schmidt is a GOP operative, he ran the campaign for your candidate....are you saying he is a liar? Nor is he the only one saying the film is true and accurate....former director of communications for the WH has something to say about it as well. And there will be more.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/12/st...ccurate-video/ Originally Posted by timpage
McCain is calling him a liar. Of course McCain is too polite to put it so bluntly. The book is replete with unsourced incidentals. But again, you lefties depend on a comedian, Jon Stewart, for your news, and fictional films and books for your history. No wonder you lefties don’t have a grip on reality.