Is There Hope for Detroit?

Maybe so if the left looses power someday!

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...720326,00.html
if the left looses power? same could be said about America
Its proper fucked mate!
I don't understand it. Detroit has been a one party Democrat town for decades. Everything is union labor. Shouldn't it be paradise?
I don't understand it. Detroit has been a one party Democrat town for decades. Everything is union labor. Shouldn't it be paradise? Originally Posted by joe bloe
+1
+2 One would certainly think so. It should be a shining star among American cities.
The Auto Industry built Detroit. However, the Auto Industry that built Detroit does not exist anymore.

I saw an interesting show on the Discovery Channel a while back. It was on one of those "big Factory" shows. It was about a fully automated Auto Plant in Sweden. It was an absolute marvel. The very latest in manufacturing procedures..

There was one problem. No people. Nowhere. Nothing but Robots, doing everything that skilled craftsmen used to do.

I guess all of the people are flipping hambugers and shining each others shoes.
What automobile were "they" making? I remember that Volvo had an outstanding rep before Ford bought it. Saab sells an incredibly low number of units now..not even enough to justify an assembly line.

...not doubting your story of the Obama Utopia that is Europe.
It would be interesting to find out what auto they were making. Saab is in receivership, looking for a buyer, and Volvo is owned by a Chinese company, Geely Automobile. I don't see either of them investing in a robotic plant, but it would be a great idea.
The Auto Industry built Detroit. However, the Auto Industry that built Detroit does not exist anymore.

I saw an interesting show on the Discovery Channel a while back. It was on one of those "big Factory" shows. It was about a fully automated Auto Plant in Sweden. It was an absolute marvel. The very latest in manufacturing procedures..

There was one problem. No people. Nowhere. Nothing but Robots, doing everything that skilled craftsmen used to do.

I guess all of the people are flipping hambugers and shining each others shoes. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Technology that replaces humans with machines always increases the standard of living for everyone. Two hundred years ago ninety five percent of the people were farmers. Now, because of technology, two percent of the people are farmers and everyone's standard of living is dramatically better.