PSA about hotel lobbies

Please, gentlemen. Please stop calling from the middle of the lobby, talking loudly, using my name, mentioning our appointment, and/or repeating the room number. You should be calling from your car. This is very indiscreet. I kept thinking it was a foolish error by a couple of slightly dense individuals, but it has been happening too frequently. I kid you not, I have realized a gent was calling me from the lobby and specifically told him not to repeat the room number, and I bet you can guess what happened. Two different guys.

And everyone that has done this and been told their appointment was canceled then tried to lie and say "Well, I wasn't actually in the lobby" or something similar. That's not going to help you.

I've now had to ask my assistant to include a note about this when scheduling appointments. I hate listing off instructions like this, as I certainly feel like it is a bit patronizing, but it does seem to be necessary.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just a bit frustrated.

TL;DR = Calling from the lobby will get you a serious case of blue balls. Call from the car.
YEP. Almost as bad as standing out in the hall for 10 minutes knocking on the door as people are walking back and forth.

....OH and just so everyone is clear, Caroline has never done that to me....other providers have!
You canceled at the last minute because the guy called you from the lobby?

That's a pretty shitty thing to do to somebody.
Not when he's being a dumbass.

Long after he gets his rocks off and leave, she'll still be in that room.
People these days are oblivious with cell phones. Everywhere you go someone is talking into one loudly enough that everyone hears their end of the conversation. They probably didn't even realize everyone could hear them .I especially loathe Bluetooth talkers that talk too fucking loud.
Maybe don't make him call you for it.

Long after he gets his rocks off and leave, she'll still be in that room. Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne
Ok, so what? Are the feds going to come kick in the door? I'm sure it can be annoying, but I don't see how it's serious enough to cancel at the last minute. That's just plain fucked up.
Maybe don't make him call you for it. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Fucking BINGO!!!!!

Long after he gets his rocks off and leave, she'll still be in that room. Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne
The guy let's you know he's on the way. Text him the damn room number 10-15 minutes before the appointment. He should never be in the position where he is in your lobby without having the room number. Why do some providers make it so hard?
Do they still have courtesy phones in the lobby?
I usually just have the bell hop call up to the room for me while I'm waiting for my valet ticket.
TL;DR = Calling from the lobby will get you a serious case of blue balls. Call from the car. Originally Posted by CarolineDavenport
Caroline, I was on the fence about seeing you, as I normally don't she'll out that kind of money to fuck anyone, but the above quote, posted using awesome Interwebs speak, settled it...I'll be scheduling soon...
.... I guess I shouldn't of ask the clerk if there's a phone bank.

I have seen one or two who specifically say "call me from the lobby.". I assume it is correct time management. The same dumb dudes say "I am 5 min away" then get lost for 30.