I WAS NEARLY SCAMMED BY SOME NIGERIAN PERSON FROM SPARK.COM

Why does these things keep happening to me? This girl randomly viewed my profile on www.spark.com and I came back to view hers.

We traded e-mails back in forth.

Well, the second week, turns out that she made the sob story of, "My dad died and I live in Nigeria." bullshit.

I am tired of this shit. When will they stop harrassing me and such? What did I do to deserve this.

If you want the encounter info or IM stuff, PM me and I will show you what occured.
Maybe you shouldn't be putting yourself out there?
*nearly*? You were 2 seconds away from hitting the enter key to send her $20K? How were you *nearly* scammed?
*nearly*? You were 2 seconds away from hitting the enter key to send her $20K? How were you *nearly* scammed? Originally Posted by kittyloveratx
OK kitty.......

Put away the claws....

Isn't this a bit of a role reversal? I rip em up and you tell me I'm a bad man?

Then again..... we need some new villains!

Go get yourself a black hat and join the outlaws...
well, seriously...it wasn't like he had a white envelope full of cash that he was about to set down when he realized it was a scam. It was a few emails. And my claws aren't even close to being out but when the do they are sharp Role reversal can be fun once in awhile....
Maybe you shouldn't be putting yourself out there? Originally Posted by Whispers
No, it was a dating website. I wanted to have a real date instead of a one nighter all my life.

My family started getting at me about this since they found out four weeks ago.
Maybe you should try eHarmony?

They find matches of single women and men based on 29 Dimensions® of Compatibility.
I used to get the scam dating emails. I had fun screwing with them. There was no doubt what they were up to. So I would bait them along, and get them to ask for money. Ask them to send pictures and try to get them on web cam. The faked pictures are hilarious. When you get tired of messing with them, just blow them out with the truth.
I was Nearly Scammed into a high interest rate credit card with all kinds of hidden nasty clauses. Good thing I just tossed the unopened junk mail in the trash. Whew! Close one.

Just teasing lol
Maybe you should try eHarmony?

They find matches of single women and men based on 29 Dimensions® of Compatibility. Originally Posted by Joel Goodson
I could try that site. I will.
Not sure where you have been for the last...15 years or so.

It shouldn't really be hard to discern that they are trying to scam you. Nigeria is a no-brainer, so are many Philipinos, etc..

Hint: never send money, especially overseas using money transfer services. This alone pretty much makes you invulnerable to such scams. You may only waste your time.

It's not just you, I get such solicitations all the time. You think it's bad on a dating site? Try a Sugar Daddy site.

Then again, I kind of have the impression that something you do, say, or about you paints you as a target, considering the last couple of months.

And for kicks: http://www.419eater.com/
HEY!!! I got terrific news over the weekend. I have definitely won one of the following:
NEW ESCALADE
or
FREE AROUND THE WORLD TRIP
or
$50,000 in cash.
Headed down to the Lamborghini dealership to pick out my new toy..!!!!

LUCKY ME!!!!
  • PeAcH
  • 09-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Hell yeah! See below.

Your Email ID has won £1,000,000.00 in the British Telecom PROMO. send

Names.
Country.
Tel.

This time it has to be legit!!!
Joking! Hehe, don't castrate me! ..oh wait..

Sorry for your troubles; too many people out there trying to win one over on ya.