CNN Sinks To 21-Year Primetime Ratings Low In Second Quarter

It's amazing that CNN is willing to lose a fortune by continuing to peddle it's left wing propaganda instead of doing legitimate news coverage like Fox News. The left's desire to advance their political agenda is greater than their desire to make money, because their politics is their religion.

From deadline.com:

Coming off its least-watched month in primetime in 20 years in May, CNN has taken another big ratings blow: The cable news network has registered to its lowest-rated quarter in primetime since 1991. For this year’s second quarter, CNN hit a low among total viewers and the key adults 25-54 demographic, with all primetime programs posting steep declines. The network averaged 446,000 total viewers and 129,000 in the 25-54 demo in primetime. Compared to last year’s second quarter, that’s down 35% and 41%, respectively. Rival Fox New Channel, meanwhile, with 1.79 million primetime total viewers on average, was down 1% from its 2011 second-quarter numbers. FNC lost 14% in the 25-54, bringing in 355,000 viewers. MSNBC was down 13% in total primetime viewers, with 689,000 on average, and down 17% in the 25-54 with 217,000. The quarter ran March 26-June 22.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/cnn-...econd-quarter/
  • CJ7
  • 06-26-2012, 05:54 PM
It's amazing that CNN is willing to lose a fortune by continuing to peddle it's left wing propaganda instead of doing legitimate news coverage like Fox News. The left's desire to advance their political agenda is greater than their desire to make money, because their politics is their religion.

From deadline.com:

Coming off its least-watched month in primetime in 20 years in May, CNN has taken another big ratings blow: The cable news network has registered to its lowest-rated quarter in primetime since 1991. For this year’s second quarter, CNN hit a low among total viewers and the key adults 25-54 demographic, with all primetime programs posting steep declines. The network averaged 446,000 total viewers and 129,000 in the 25-54 demo in primetime. Compared to last year’s second quarter, that’s down 35% and 41%, respectively. Rival Fox New Channel, meanwhile, with 1.79 million primetime total viewers on average, was down 1% from its 2011 second-quarter numbers. FNC lost 14% in the 25-54, bringing in 355,000 viewers. MSNBC was down 13% in total primetime viewers, with 689,000 on average, and down 17% in the 25-54 with 217,000. The quarter ran March 26-June 22.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/cnn-...econd-quarter/ Originally Posted by joe bloe

• Doove
  • 06-26-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't think anyone doubts that Mitt Romney will get at least 1.79 million votes, so i'm not sure what your point is.
  • CJ7
  • 06-26-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't think anyone doubts that Mitt Romney will get at least 1.79 million votes, so i'm not sure what your point is. Originally Posted by Doove

the point was to laud faux news for editing tapes, distorting the truth, and injection their opinions (biased) as facts ..... aka their religion ... yanno, telling lies to idiots who are stupid enough to believe them.
  • Doove
  • 06-26-2012, 06:20 PM
the point was to laud faux news for editing tapes, distorting the truth, and injection their opinions (biased) as facts ..... aka their religion ... yanno, telling lies to idiots who are stupid enough to believe them. Originally Posted by CJ7
Well, ok, there's that.
  • WTF
  • 06-26-2012, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by joe bloe
Do you understand that news is a business.

Fox has no competition on the right.

The left has 5 or 6 stations vying for veiwers.

That is why Fox does so well...no competition.

Maybe CNN will decide to try and reprogram to the right of Fox as the Tea Nut Network.

That would be very fun to watch.

Kinda like the last GOP Presidential Primary ... only amongist so called News organazations.
I bet if CNN gave up it's partisanship, and reported real news, it would far surpass Fox and the alphabet networks. Wouldn't it be great to just have a straight up news network, without the bullshit?
I don't think anyone doubts that Mitt Romney will get at least 1.79 million votes, so i'm not sure what your point is. Originally Posted by Doove
Doofus, what the fuck does the decline of CNN have to do with Romney?
For the most part, I quit watching the news networks years ago. I will watch local news, weather and sports fairly regularly. I get most of my national political news from the Politico website.
  • Seedy
  • 06-26-2012, 09:00 PM
I bet if CNN gave up it's partisanship, and reported real news, it would far surpass Fox and the alphabet networks. Wouldn't it be great to just have a straight up news network, without the bullshit? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Couldn't agree more, they they are in the bag for the Dimwits, along with a lot of the big news papers, like little pinch's NYT, losing millions every year, I say fuck em, let them go down the tubes...
Couldn't agree more, they they are in the bag for the Dimwits, along with a lot of the big news papers, like little pinch's NYT, losing millions every year, I say fuck em, let them go down the tubes... Originally Posted by seedman55
You say that as though the NYT is the only newspaper losing money. Every daily newspaper is suffering from revenue loss due to the availability of news through the Internet.
For the most part, I quit watching the news networks years ago. I will watch local news, weather and sports fairly regularly. I get most of my national political news from the Politico website. Originally Posted by bigtex
Well, there's your problem right there, BigTurd.

You say that as though the NYT is the only newspaper losing money. Every daily newspaper is suffering from revenue loss due to the availability of news through the Internet. Originally Posted by bigtex
NOPE NADA

they are losing money because of Craigs list

but as I have said before, my little town of 50,000 has 3 pages of want ads for JOBS, maybe bho should have spent more time in Cushing and learned something
Well, there's your problem right there Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
StupidOldFart, would you prefer that I became one of the FAUX or MSNBC retards?
It's not what I prefer, BigTurd, but you stand as good a chance of getting the truth from Politico as you do from Fox or MSNBC.

It's just now I understand why you are so misinformed. I appreciate the heads up.