Up to 20 Democrats Expected to Vote to Hold Holder in Contempt

At least 4, and possibly as many as 20 Democrats are expected to join with the Republicans in voting AG Holder in contempt of Congress. Kudos to these brave representatives!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...as-vote-looms/
  • CJ7
  • 06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
too bad the republicans and the dems werent brave enough to hold congress in contempt when Bush used EP to keep Cheney from being investigated ...

oh thats right , Bush got a free pass on that call and congress wasnt involved ..
Yep, that was wrong, too. But Bush is no longer President, in case you hadn't heard.
  • CJ7
  • 06-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Yep, that was wrong, too. But Bush is no longer President, in case you hadn't heard. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

I know Bush isnt president ... its the principle of both issues, not the administrations.
So, let me ask you. I don't want to twist your words, but it sounds like you are saying we should give Holder a pass because Cheney wasn't held accountable. Is that correct? If not, please clarify.
  • CJ7
  • 06-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Im saying if EP is used it protects whoever its supposed to protect. PERIOD ... the right has a SELECTIVE protection clause in their overall agenda and thats political hypocrisy.

thats what Im saying

Issa is on record saying nothing criminal took place and the President wasnt in his sights .. without either of those two issues in place The President has the priv to use EP without consequence just like the other presidents.

if not, why not?
Each case is different. Let's see the documents and find out. What is he trying to hide, and don't say names of covert agents, because that has never been the reason.

I think Holder knowingly lied to the committee about what he knew and when he knew it. I think the documents will prove that. I think he was trying to distance himself from a stupid program, and instead, now has the President involved.

Like Watergate, the coverup is the more serious aspect. Had he released the papers early on, and owned up to his knowledge, this would be a non-issue. But he likes the perks of being AG, and was afraid he might have to give them up. He should have resigned long ago, and Obama is a fool for keeping him on the job.
  • CJ7
  • 06-27-2012, 05:31 PM
ok, you dont get it.

nuff said

and for someone who doesnt watch fox you sure use the watergate analogy like one of their top news spinners ... errrr, anchors.
I am confused on one point,Holder has turned over 7000 documents pertaining to F&F are the committee unable to get a grasp on this with all this information?