Ok another recommendation...Parks?

Since you guys had some good coffee shop recommendations...I am getting bored of the park I go to, it's beautiful but I feel I am in a rut going to the same spot all the time. Any parks/outdoor recommendations in the Spring/Woodlands area? Something preferably with a trail or a track?
Can't begin to tell you how many there are but there are a lot.

Open Google maps and type in "parks".

The results will come up with locations, description and 360 views.
If you get bored in parks, and want to see a lot of places try https://www.geocaching.com/play
Can't begin to tell you how many there are but there are a lot.

Open Google maps and type in "parks".

The results will come up with locations, description and 360 views. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
Thanks for being a smart ass. I was looking for recommendations. Obviously I could have done the same thing in the other thread where I asked about coffee shops and just googled coffee shops (which believe it or not, I already did). But the guys in the thread gave me recommendations for some places that did not come up and look pretty cool. And likewise, I already had someone PM me about parks and showed me a place that looks breath takingly beautiful. So thanks but no thanks to your smart ass comment and lack of input. Everyone knows google exists, I was looking for people to tell me about places that they have already visited.
If you get bored in parks, and want to see a lot of places try https://www.geocaching.com/play Originally Posted by O'Mike
That actually looks pretty cool. I never heard of geocaching. It's reminds me of a scavenger hunt. That would actually be a cool activity to take some kids/friends/etc. on.
Thanks for being a smart ass. I was looking for recommendations. Obviously I could have done the same thing in the other thread where I asked about coffee shops and just googled coffee shops (which believe it or not, I already did). But the guys in the thread gave me recommendations for some places that did not come up and look pretty cool. And likewise, I already had someone PM me about parks and showed me a place that looks breath takingly beautiful. So thanks but no thanks to your smart ass comment and lack of input. Everyone knows google exists, I was looking for people to tell me about places that they have already visited. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie

Sorry,

That wasn't my intention. Just trying to help you out.
  • bbkid
  • 01-10-2019, 07:04 AM
I highly recommend Minute Maid Park.
It's not on the North side, but I highly recommend Terry Hershey Park on the West side. It runs from Hwy. 6 along Buffalo Bayou all the way to Wilcrest. I used to make the loop from Dairy Ashford to Eldridge almost every day with my dog. One side is natural and the Mountain Bikers ride through the trees next to the bayou. The other side is paved, grassy and landscaped in some places.
Burroughs Park off N Kuykendahl between Spring and The Woodlands
Terry Hershey Park is not on the north side either

I don't think Shitliker was trying to be mean Katy.
Your reactions and over thinking may be the reason you sometimes have the problems here that you have with other members.

I'm not trying to be mean either....
.... sorry double post
Meyer Park is pretty big with a trail
Terry Hershey Park is not on the north side either

I don't think Shitliker was trying to be mean Katy.
Your reactions and over thinking may be the reason you sometimes have the problems here that you have with other members.

I'm not trying to be mean either.... Originally Posted by tbone2u
I wasn't aware I was having any problems with other members.
Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve is scenic
Some really good suggestions here. I am hoping to get a bike soon so maybe I can take it on some trails.

Funny thing is people always say Houston isn't a very pretty city, but there really are some nice parks with beautiful trees here.