COVID-19 Vaccine Guinea Pigs

My wife and I applied and were accepted to participate in a study conducted by the Austin Regional Clinic testing out a new COVID-19 vaccine produced by, I believe, Pfizer.

First appointment next Monday. Should be interesting.
I don't expect any drop off in your posting quality.

In all seriousness, good luck to you and your wife.
  • oeb11
  • 08-12-2020, 09:19 AM
SR - Human research - which any vaccine study qualifies as - is conducted under strict regulations.

Be sure you have informed consent - and that an Institutional Review Board from a Medical School has reviewed and approved the study.

all such studies ae supervised - and complications reported to the study and supevisors and FDA.

if it is part of a UTexas med school - you are likely OK.

Read the fine print!!!
i'll take my vaccine when billy grates does. from the same vial. until then .. let's hope you don't grow new limbs.
My wife and I applied and were accepted to participate in a study conducted by the Austin Regional Clinic testing out a new COVID-19 vaccine produced by, I believe, Pfizer.

First appointment next Monday. Should be interesting. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Excuse my impoliteness, but are ya'll getting any compensation?
Excuse my impoliteness, but are ya'll getting any compensation? Originally Posted by gnadfly
I think I will receive $130 per visit. At the time I submitted my application I was unaware of that. Thanks to all for you concerns.
  • Tiny
  • 08-12-2020, 11:15 AM

First appointment next Monday. Should be interesting. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Good for you and your wife! The sooner we get a safe, effective vaccine the better off we'll be.

I salute you!
Good luck to ya'll.

Good for you and your wife! The sooner we get a safe, effective vaccine the better off we'll be. Originally Posted by Tiny
That is the exact reason we signed up. The sooner there is an effective vaccine out there the sooner we will get closer to a "normal" lifestyle.

Good luck, Speedy. Best wishes.
Good luck. Let us know how yous do.
I extent my best wishes to you and your wife.
Cold day in hell before they pump that shit into my veins.
  • oeb11
  • 08-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Vaccinations are given intramusclular.