Excuses

What are some good excuses / reasons to tell the SO to get out of the house for an afternoon to go a provider or two?
The problem for a some guys, I think, is that they are so set in their patterns that any deviation draws maybe not necessarily suspicion, but at least a question or two.

If I told my wife I was taking up golf, for example, there's no way she'd believe me. Unlike some guys, I can't plausibly "go look at a boat some guy is selling on craigslist" or spend two hours at Home Depot.

I've been working two jobs for four years. It was easy to "go to the office" on Saturdays when I was seeing the SB. I've kept up the pretense since I got kicked to the curb, in case I ever find someone new, except now I really do go to the office and drink my grief away.

If you don't have one, buy a gun and "go to the range." Find one that you can justify going to that's some distance away. Join a trap/skeet club.

Take up golf or some other sport.

"Play poker" while playing poke-her.

Find or make up a friend or coworker across town, and say you're going to go have a few beers with him. Or maybe he's having a tough time and needs some counseling.

Investigate real estate investing. There are lots of networking opportunities for apartment investors that you can attend or "attend."

"Set up appointments with financial advisers to discuss your portfolio and retirement."

The bottom line is that whatever excuse you make, it has to be compatible with your behavior patterns, OR you need to work into it gradually.
I tell mine I’m going to get a massage course I don’t tell her it has a happy ending!!!
I’ve used the gun range excuse a few times before. It works.

I've thought about going to the pawn shop and picking up a set of golf clubs but I’ve told her before how much I hate wandering around in the woods looking for a golf ball so I don’t know if she would buy that.

I have a cousin a son and a couple friends that are into the frisbee golf stuff. I could go buy a couple frisbees and say I’m going to practice but at some point it’s gonna come up at a family gathering, so I’d actually have to learn something about it before it does.

I travel with work so it’s pretty easy to play when I’m away. I’ve left the house a day early or come home a day late and went and got a hotel room here to play in for a day before or after my actual trip, but I have this dumb ass that I work with that likes to post on Facebook when he is traveling somewhere and when he is traveling back home. She’s friends with him too so sees the posts and asks how come he gets to come home a day early or leave a day later ��

I repair ATV’s and dirt bikes as a hobby in my spare time so, I’m going to look at a bike or look at parts has worked a few times but I can can’t come home all the time saying that it wasn’t worth buying or the parts were crap.
What are some good excuses / reasons to tell the SO to get out of the house for an afternoon to go a provider or two? Originally Posted by happycamper
Seriously?
In DECEMBER?
Christmas shopping, dude! The BEST excuse for months to come ... don't blow your opportunities!
  • Busty
  • 12-04-2023, 07:40 PM
Fishing is done at day, noon & night.
  • Go4it
  • 12-06-2023, 06:44 PM
Not only is poker a good excuse for an all day excursion, it is also a good excuse for why you have less funds. You lost!
Taking the car for service , drop the car off take a uber to your date.
Out with the buddys to watch football,baseball, basketball
Hockey and Now the new thing Pickleball.
Having to have an excuse to leave the house is so sad. I'm NEVER getting married!!!!!!! :/
Having to have an excuse to leave the house is so sad. I'm NEVER getting married!!!!!!! :/ Originally Posted by petitefunlady
Just don't get married to a guy that won't treat everyday with you like it's a date, and he's still trying to win your love and affection. And make sure you do the same for him.

Familiarity can cause a relationship to grow stale, because each takes the other for granted. The same effort that went into dating needs to remain in a marriage, or else each partner will wander.

If the excuse-to-leave husband would redirect the money and time into a getaway spa weekend with romantic dinners, life can be good.