History is fun and informative

I was just reading a book published in 1953. It was a illegal diary of a German soldier who occupied France in 1940. He mentions that as they marched through a French village someone asked about Frenchmen shooting at them with a hunting rifle. The corporal in charge told them that the Gestapo had picked up all the weapons using the lists maintained by the French police. Someone took a shot at them anyway much to the consternation of the corporal.

This soldier did not survive the war. His family found the diary among his possessions when they were returned.

So that is how gun control worked in 1940.
You are still afraid Germany is going to invade the USA ?
???? (stupid)
Yes you are.
Here you go Eva

You look in it Eva .
Another handful of ass for JDIdiot!

Well played, Iva!
The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn anything from history. I think JD proved that point. Of course, the usual suspects try to drown out facts with nonsense. That's all they have.
The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn anything from history. I think JD proved that point. Of course, the usual suspects try to drown out facts with nonsense. That's all they have. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

I understood the point although there has been no knock on my door requesting my guns.
Can you guarantee with your life that it will never happen?
With your vast knowledge you should know there are no guarantees in life.