Phillips to Interview with Bucs

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ead-coach-job/

One should never begrudge anyone moving on for a promotion....but damn. He might not get it, but who do you think would be his best replacement? Assuming we stick with 3-4, I think Spagnuolo would be out.
Good news for Wade...........Not so much for the Texans..........
There is another story on CBS Sports that someone else is about to be hired as a coach there. To be honest either Wade or Sherman are terrible choices for the Bucs. They need someone young with some promise not a couple of tired old war horses with failed records. While Wade is a great DC his record as HC is terrible.
There is another story on CBS Sports that someone else is about to be hired as a coach there. To be honest either Wade or Sherman are terrible choices for the Bucs. They need someone young with some promise not a couple of tired old war horses with failed records. While Wade is a great DC his record as HC is terrible. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Normally I agree with your football posts but we disagree on this one. If my memory serves me correctly, Wade has won about 25-30 more games as a head coach than he has lost. However, he has only won 1 playoff game. That record certainly does not set the world on fire but it is far removed from being terrible!
Yep.....not great but not terrible. .581 regular season.....post season is lacking.....167 The real question is where his daughter Tracy gets her looks from.....she's hot.

http://www.hotflick.net/pictures/big...llips_003.html
If you look at the record with each team Wade's first year is always great, the second year less so and the third year is terrible and he is fired. Only with the Cowboys did he last 4 years. Go look it up.
Take sports news and bring it back to the site's purpose. Great job with Tracie TX BD.
ToD
I think Wade should interview for the Texans headcoaching position. Once he is gone we might not make the playoffs again under Kubiak.
Wade is making too much money from Jerry to go get a head job. Whatever the Texans are paying him, Jerry has to pay the difference to the 3.5 million/yr that Jerry owes thru next season.
Thank goodness he is staying with Houston for a while: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...-coaching-job/

Good man, doesn't want to even interview b/c he doesn't want to distract team. We need him here in Houston at least a couple more seasons. I think the Texans are going to be even better next season once all the players are back healthy.

Slightly off topic: I hope we get a wide receiver higher in the draft this go around to eventually replace Andre Johnson. Jacoby Jones is a washout.
Agree with your post Yowzer. The Texans Defense benefited this year from playing a Manningless Colt team twice, a poor Jaguar team twice and a Titan team that took half the season to get started. The D was much improved over last year but think the teams they played made them a much better defense statistically than they actually were.

Then they stepped it up for the playoffs. We are a better cornerback away from being the top defense in the league.

Bum's son needs to stick around and "kick down the door".