~Vacationing in Atlanta While Meeting New Friends, Advice to a Newbie Appreciated~

Atlanta has always peeked my interest when traveling but unfortunately I have never been able to work it in to my schedule. This summer I finally have the chance! The dates are not set yet but I hope to finalize soon.
Never having been to the area I'm seriously lost on where to stay, what the best attractions are to visit, night life, dinning, etc. If I could get some suggestions it would be SO appreciated. Google is my friend, but can only offer so much lol.
Thanks guys and gals
Hi Hailey, Like all big cities, Atlanta offers a bit of everything so where you stay and what you do depends so much on you. Buckhead or the Perimeter area would be good locations from a hobby perspective. The former has a lot of shopping/eating/nightlife, the latter not so much of the nightlife. The Midtown area is a bit hipper and is close to Piedmont Park (a large in-town park), more "artsy" stuff and a variety of unique in-town neighborhoods. Have fun!
Thank you so much!
Nice!! Great Read

Hi Hailey, Like all big cities, Atlanta offers a bit of everything so where you stay and what you do depends so much on you. Buckhead or the Perimeter area would be good locations from a hobby perspective. The former has a lot of shopping/eating/nightlife, the latter not so much of the nightlife. The Midtown area is a bit hipper and is close to Piedmont Park (a large in-town park), more "artsy" stuff and a variety of unique in-town neighborhoods. Have fun! Originally Posted by LikeThemAll