Identify Asians

I hope I’m not being politically incorrect by bringing this up but as I was posting an AMP review I came across a box asking for ethnicity. I was give options: Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc.. I was stuck there for a few minutes because I didn’t see a box that said “idk-just ASIAN”
I’m sure there is a difference but unless I ask “where you from?” I have no idea how to tell one from the other. Dark straight hair, flat ass, kinda short.. isn’t that pretty much the same across the board?
My apologies to any Asian reading this but I honestly don’t see much distinction. And since that’s the case, why do we have that box to check? Does it matter? Do some men prefer one Asian over another ....Asian?
There are physiological and cultural differences. As for me, the most appealing Asian is a nekkid one.
wow, the timing of your thread is incredible.. I literally just posted about Silver, someone called her "Chinese", and I made the point that it is so wrong to lump all Asians into a single category!

I get that many Americans don't distinguish among various Asian groups. but Asians do. even "closely related" countries, say Japan-Korea, or China-Vietnam, have significant and distinguishable differences. consider Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. you could drive for 3 hours and be in all 3 Countries (if you start near the border), but the people look much different. they eat different, worship different.

if you must, hit the "edit" button after submitting a review, then type in "Asian" under the ethnicity area. that is preferable to saying "Chinese" when the lady is Korean.
It would be like lumping Italian, English, and French as one. Different, languages, gestures, and culture.
Or in music, Frank Sinatra, Aerosmith, and Bee Gees, saying music is just music.
I acknowledged they are different- but I asked how to identity the difference. I’m not there long enough to learn their culture, they all try to speak English (poorly) so language distinction is out. We try not to discuss religion- beyond wondering if they are Catholic.
So all I have to go on is looks. And I personally can’t SEE much difference.
I acknowledged they are different- but I asked how to identity the difference. I’m not there long enough to learn their culture, they all try to speak English (poorly) so language distinction is out. We try not to discuss religion- beyond wondering if they are Catholic.
So all I have to go on is looks. And I personally can’t SEE much difference. Originally Posted by DunnJackNoff
impossible to answer succinctly. there are eye and cheekbone differences, face-shape, body shape.. accent when speaking English. from where you are now, regarding ability to identify, it would likely take years for you to know just by observation. and by the way, not all Asians can identify another Asian ethnicity easily. I have seen Filippinos who thought Vietnamese were also Filippino.. I have no clue why they thought that. I was talking with an older Viet lady last night, she runs a Bakery, she said a lot of Vietnamese people here look more American to her than those in Vietnam, she can't always tell who is true Vietnamese.
I usually ask, if not I try to give an uneducated guess.
  • GT5
  • 12-06-2019, 09:59 AM
You have ROS to explain you do not know exactly. The sky in not gonna fall if you mistakenly call a korean as thai , though it is pretty obvious to see the differences.
The sky in not gonna fall if you mistakenly call a korean as thai , though it is pretty obvious to see the differences. Originally Posted by GT5
Maybe to you experts.. it’s never obvious to me. Am I the only one who doesn’t see it?
Man, just put Korean, you be right 95%
https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school...title=ntmznti2
I found this test online. Evidently I’m not the only one having trouble.
I have a habit of asking during meet and greet
Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these, is that help? Didn't think so. Best bet is if you went to an amp Korean if you went to a sub amp Chinese
If you want to put "Asian" in that box you can. All you have to do is go back and edit the review and you can type anything you want it to be.
https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school...title=ntmznti2
I found this test online. Evidently I’m not the only one having trouble. Originally Posted by DunnJackNoff
I love online quizzes! I quit after question #6, because it's taking too long to load the next question. I did get a couple wrong. I got the 2 "Thai/Vietnamese" right, the 2nd one was easy, the girl was wearing an áo dài, yet only 70% of respondents got that one right, LOL.. should have been a dead giveaway.

the 2 I got wrong were both Chinese, which is not surprising.. China is so huge it has a very diverse look among its residents. even in Vietnam, the mountain people look vastly different from the Kinh, the majority population.