Pinger?

Hoping someone can give me info on this. Would like to use it on my iPhone (not my hobby phone, my real work phone, shared acct with wife phone) for hobby texting and possibly calls. Can anyone comment in this. I want to use my hobby phone number (which is not a smart phone) to register and get my pinger number. It sounds like you don't have to use the actual iPhone number when registering the ap. I hope not because I won't register with my real main phone.

I'm fairly certain no calls or texts will show up on my bill. Would appreciate any info you might have. Thanks in advance.
Wow.... what do you want to do? Text your provider while sitting next to your SO.
People keep hoping their smartphone is going to be useful in this world of ours.
Simple is not always best.

I am the biggest tech- nerd on the planet, but there is no way I use my smartphone for any direct communication except email thru a browser. I have a 10year old chocolate bar phone. I change the sim card/phone number a couple of times a year.

WGAS!
I appreciate the advice. I'm a pretty careful guy. Not sure how far I will take this, but everyone's situation is different. I have an ancient hobby phone that I chane sim cards in every uear or so. But for a number of reasons this options could be a good solution for me. In my situation there are times where a physical hobby phone is hard to hide. In the past I could juggle sim cards when this was an issue. I just want to try this and see. Plus I'm tired of texting with the old dinosaur phone.