Planning trip in April

I went to Costa Rica for the first time last year. I stayed at the Sportsman and it was very nice. I was wondering if I should stick to the Sportsman or try to stay at the Del Rey? If there are any other suggestions I am open for them.
Do yourself a favor & DO NOT stay @ DelREY.
Rooms are shabby & every thig smells of BO & smoking
I appriciate the heads up. It will be the sportsman again if no one else has anymore suggestions.
Hi Cap. The Del Rey is certainly the belly of the beast, but that is about all it has going for it. Another problem, other than the smell of the mediocre rooms, is that the hotel charges a "chica fee" whenever you bring a girl up to your room. I think it is only $10 per chica, but that adds up when you pull 2 or 3 per day.

I am already booked for the Sportman's Lodge in April (14th-19th). If you are wanting to try a different place than your last trip I recommend La Amistad. No chica fee, great restaurant and staff and they have an "all-inclusive" deal for around $100 per day that includes room, meals, and drinks (not including top-shelf). They also offer a free daily transport for guests to and from Jaco if you want to hit the beach. Contact info as follows:

from USA - (877) 260 3027 or email - info@hotelamistad.com .
Here is their website:www.hotelamistad.com

I am only staying at the Sportmans because I have not done so before and heard great things. If your trip intersects with mine let me know, I am going solo and will get together for a beer if you want.
While the rooms aren't the best I like the del rey for the variety. Night time you have 100+ women cycling through there and the club they have across the street. Yeah the $11 chica fee sucks but the variety. Just gotta watch out for the aggressive women there. I felt like a piece of meat on display.
I went ahead and booked at the Sportsman for April 2 - 7. I enjoyed my time there last year. I hate to admit that I really did not leave the Sportsman. I plan this time to at least venture out to some of the other places. If anyone is there during that time I would love to meet some new friends with similar interests. That and it would be nice to have someone who is more familiar with Costa Rica. I thought about contacting OLD but not sure what they could really offer to the experience. Thanks for the advise.
If you speak Spanish I could give you some advice on the strip clubs there. Pm if you like.
Spanish is on my to do list. I foresee maybe becoming an ex pat when I retire
Not to take over your thread.. but the GF and I will be visiting Costa Rica in April as well and wondered if there are opportunities to play, as in brothels, clubs, etc without having to bring her to the room?
how far is the del rey from hotel amistad? when i went last year i stayed at the del rey. if i stay at hotel amistad and pick up chicas from the rey will they have a problem walking to the amistad? how does that work?
Not to take over your thread.. but the GF and I will be visiting Costa Rica in April as well and wondered if there are opportunities to play, as in brothels, clubs, etc without having to bring her to the room? Originally Posted by Still-Naughty

Yeah there are a bunch of MP's (massage parlors) all over downtown. They are "dine-in" facilities. It is usually a set price of $30-40/hh, $50-60/hr. That includes the chica of your choice and a room. Most only open during the day time, and some not on sundays. On my favorite CostaRica siTe there is a map on the forums and all the mp's are on there with their locations and pricing. It's pretty handy.
It is not something to walk especially at night. It is about a $5 to $8 taxi ride away. LA is a great hotel just make sure to get a lower floor room.
I went ahead and booked at the Sportsman for April 2 - 7. I enjoyed my time there last year. Originally Posted by CaptainMastPole
Not sure I would recommend that week in April. "Santa Semana" (Holy Week) is the week leading up to Easter Sunday. That week and Xmas time are the least favorable times to go due to the lack of action. Most of the chicas are spending time with their families. Not saying there will be nothing, but I hear it is minimal. Never been during those weeks, just what I am told.

I will be at the Sportsman's 4/14 - 4/19.
Damn, that figures. Everything booked and payed. Well, I am sure I will find some action if not there is always legit tourism.
Anyone have recommendation on day tours? I want to see some of the sights of Costa Rica other than the ticas (although I dont know really why I want to).