p411 verification question

So they want to know where I work? I dont want my work to find out for any reason. Why would they need that?

It seems like they want so much info. How is a married guy with a good job expected to give so much personal info that can be hacked or misused...
think they call your work to see if you work there that's all and maybe your ID .
I could be wrong tho?
heck I don't even call someones work ..
  • BLM69
  • 06-11-2020, 01:22 PM
Don't be dumb and give up any personal info op, these people are laughing at the other end when guys do this. First thing they all do is Google and use paid services to find out about you.
Don't be dumb and give up any personal info op, these people are laughing at the other end when guys do this. First thing they all do is Google and use paid services to find out about you. Originally Posted by BLM69
I know not to give the girls real info im talking about a website p411 that you pay money to get verified for. A lot of girls seem to want you to be either oh2 or p411 verified.
I know not to give the girls real info im talking about a website p411 that you pay money to get verified for. A lot of girls seem to want you to be either oh2 or p411 verified. Originally Posted by Bbbjlover1
I think you can also get a couple of the providers you've seen to vouch for you.

FYI - I have never heard of 411 biting anyone in the ass by releasing information. I'm sure if they had, it would have been all over this board.
When I joined many years ago, they wanted work contact info. I gave them my boss's secretary's name and phone number and a scenario to follow. Say you're from XYZ charitable organization that I was known to be associated with. They followed the script exactly, the secretary passed the message to me along with the callback number and message, and she thought nothing more of it. That completed the verification loop. Later on I had another interaction regarding a change to my account, and that went just fine also. At the time I really had nothing at risk so I didn't mind giving my info, but my experience tells me that I had high confidence that they could be trusted to be careful. This was all back when Gina was running P411. Not sure about the new owners, but I would expect they are similarly careful, but I can't say from any recent experience.
^ thinks it more of the same
  • BLM69
  • 06-11-2020, 08:44 PM
I just thought about something, so if this verification is simple and there's a way to cheat the system as mentioned above, where is the safety for both sides?
I just thought about something, so if this verification is simple and there's a way to cheat the system as mentioned above, where is the safety for both sides? Originally Posted by BLM69
What are you talking about? Are you referring to my post?

I didn't cheat the system. I gave them a legitimate phone number to my actual employment and the secretary for my boss. I told them to use the story about being from a certain charitable organization in order to avoid suspicion on the part of my boss's secretary. I don't see any cheating the system in that.
I just thought about something, so if this verification is simple and there's a way to cheat the system as mentioned above, where is the safety for both sides? Originally Posted by BLM69

There is none, I have several accounts on p411.
I say and do anything I want because there is no consequence.

Don’t write reviews and rat yourself out.
  • BLM69
  • 06-12-2020, 12:26 AM
What are you talking about? Are you referring to my post?

I didn't cheat the system. I gave them a legitimate phone number to my actual employment and the secretary for my boss. I told them to use the story about being from a certain charitable organization in order to avoid suspicion on the part of my boss's secretary. I don't see any cheating the system in that. Originally Posted by billw1032
Just saying that anyone can say call here and say that anyone works there, I think that false sense of security/verification is total BS.
Giving work info to a provider for her screening purposes is stupid and will do nothing but get you in trouble. If she thinks that asking for work info means that you are not a cop, I guess they do not realize that cops can give fake info that appears legit. Other than to set you up for a hard fall, there is no legit reason for a provider to need your RW work info.

When I originally signed up for p411, I gave no personal info. I had 10 providers or so that encouraged me to sign up and vouched for me to get me started. All I had to do was sign up with my handle and hobby email, then copy and paste links to the providers that vouched for me and I was set up in less than a day.
Just saying that anyone can say call here and say that anyone works there, I think that false sense of security/verification is total BS. Originally Posted by BLM69
I see what you're saying, and I guess that's a good point. In my case you can tell from the phone number that it's a large organization that I was working for at the time. If someone works for a smaller company or organization, you'd need to know more. Honestly, it's been so long since I joined that I really don't recall all the details.

Giving work info to a provider for her screening purposes is stupid and will do nothing but get you in trouble. Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
This is, for sure, a good point and I'd agree no one should ever do that. My point was that I found P411 to be trustworthy (in my opinion), at least when I interacted with them years ago, but that's a whole different story than an independent provider.
Discussing this on the public portion of a SHMB seems like a wonderful idea.
I signed up about 15 years ago. I think that they called my employer posing as a bank that wanted to verify my employment there. Obviously there have been no repercussions. I'd rather go through a deep screening once, than have to do it with every new provider I meet.