Chokehold Alternatives

So, after chokeholds are banned for use by police, what will be the alternative to subdue a perpetrator?

Will it be shooting, tasing, punching, kicking, clubbing, or should they sit back and do nothing at all?

Isn't a chokehold the safest way to subdue an aggressor?

If not, what is the alternative?
Sweep the leg.
[QUOTE=yitzchak;1062087262
?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.......right up until the person being subdued dies.
Fuck'em. If they resist run or threaten an officer. The officer should have any/all of options to negate the threat!
I think if you run or physically threaten an officer they should have the right to shoot! Without any worry of the pc cult.
Yea, I just looked it up.

Apparently, a shat ton of ding dongs died by the chokehold.

That's surprising to me, because it's often advertised as a means of non-deadly force.

What's the alternative, though? Full nelson?

That's surprising to me, because it's often advertised as a means of non-deadly force.

What's the alternative, though? Full nelson? Originally Posted by yitzchak
Double freaking tap in the head

What's the alternative, though? Full nelson? Originally Posted by yitzchak
It's really not a chock hold but more commonly called a sleeper hold. If done properly pressure is applied to to carotid Artery causing a suspect to basically pass out rather than cutting off the airway. I've had it done to me you get a sensation of dizziness or vertigo before you pass out. Below is a video of the proper technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZRL5qwIiv8
So, after chokeholds are banned for use by police, what will be the alternative to subdue a perpetrator?

Will it be shooting, tasing, punching, kicking, clubbing, or should they sit back and do nothing at all?

If not, what is the alternative? Originally Posted by yitzchak

Flushing the perp...........
Flushing the perp........... Originally Posted by matchingmole
what if flushing is not available?

what tricks do you have up your genius rectum?
what if flushing is not available?

what tricks do you have up your genius rectum? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Probably a picture of Trump and one of Obama in the front, lol.
It's really not a chock hold but more commonly called a sleeper hold. If done properly pressure is applied to to carotid Artery causing a suspect to basically pass out rather than cutting off the airway. I've had it done to me you get a sensation of dizziness or vertigo before you pass out. Below is a video of the proper technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZRL5qwIiv8 Originally Posted by Levianon17
It can be considered a chokehold. "Blood choke" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chok...20the%20brain. * disregard. You're right air is choke, blood is strangle. I only originally replied because the term 'sleeper hold ' sounded less scary than it is. Holds that restrict blood to the brain are super dangerous and will kill super easily.
It can be considered a chokehold. "Blood choke" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chok...20the%20brain. Originally Posted by mike111
A choke involves cutting off air flow. A blood "choke" is a misnomer, as it is really a strangle (cutting off blood flow). As a former judoka/jiu-jitsu player, I'll tell you both suck, but, given the choice, I'll take the strangle over the choke. A powerful enough choke can possibly crush your larynx (i.e. life-threatening medical emergency). A pure strangle-hold, you can easily regain consciousness from, if released soon enough and proper after-care is given. I will say that "knee-on-neck" position could easily cut off air and bloodflow. When I saw that video, I immediately winced. It's damn effective at control, but it is VERY dangerous.
A choke involves cutting off air flow. A blood "choke" is a misnomer, as it is really a strangle (cutting off blood flow). As a former judoka/jiu-jitsu player, I'll tell you both suck, but, given the choice, I'll take the strangle over the choke. A powerful enough choke can possibly crush your larynx (i.e. life-threatening medical emergency). A pure strangle-hold, you can easily regain consciousness from, if released soon enough and proper after-care is given. I will say that "knee-on-neck" position could easily cut off air and bloodflow. When I saw that video, I immediately winced. It's damn effective at control, but it is VERY dangerous. Originally Posted by SecretE
Yes sir you beat me to it. I understood my mistake and was editing my post.
It can be considered a chokehold. "Blood choke" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chok...20the%20brain. * disregard. You're right air is choke, blood is strangle. I only originally replied because the term 'sleeper hold ' sounded less scary than it is. Holds that restrict blood to the brain are super dangerous and will kill super easily. Originally Posted by mike111
Yeah, there is quite a few things that can kill if done improperly or with the intentions of causing permanent harm. In the world of Self Defense you are taught to use just enough restraint to avoid causing death or permanent injury when possible. Ordinarily the sleeper hold demonstrated in the video is used to temporarily incapacitate a combative subject in order for a Police Officer to place him or her in restraints to affect an arrest.