You won't believe this

I just got called for jury duty. It was a prostitution case ha ha ha. They had her dead to rights on a taped sting----she agreed to a half n half for $30.

I was the only not guilty guy in the room but I argued that the prosecution did not prove their case because half n half could have been anything, [Forbidden topic removed - staff] which is criminal but not prostitution ha ha ha.

After much arguing and my refusal to convict they voted not guilty to avoid a hung jury and just go home already.

Too bad she was not a provider here--I would have asked for a free session.
WOW.....................HAAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I just got called for jury duty. It was a prostitution case ha ha ha. They had her dead to rights on a taped sting----she agreed to a half n half for $30.

I was the only not guilty guy in the room but I argued that the prosecution did not prove their case because half n half could have been anything, even half cocaine half marijuana which is criminal but not prostitution ha ha ha.

After much arguing and my refusal to convict they voted not guilty to avoid a hung jury and just go home already.

Too bad she was not a provider here--I would have asked for a free session. Originally Posted by ivangalt
I'm not quite so sure I would have admitted all that on a forum that Law Enforcement actively monitors. /shrug
I thought she was over pricing coffee condiments.
Score one for the good guys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
Unfortunately, this scenario is not an example of Jury Nullification...
Unfortunately, this scenario is not an example of Jury Nullification... Originally Posted by johnnylongcaulking
I think you could argue a tainted jury pool. Possibly resulting in a new trial? ShysterJon?
You're right, I don't believe that someone was careless enough to out themselves on a public board to any halfway competent and interested cop who may be perusing, AND essentially confess to perverting the jury process. Presumably, during voir dire you affirmed that you are capable and willing to find the def guilty. Prosecuters and judges take this this stuff personally, and you would have just admitted to lying and manipulating the proceedings.

But like you said, I don't believe you.
Unfortunately, this scenario is not an example of Jury Nullification... Originally Posted by johnnylongcaulking
didn't say it was...just pointing out to potential jurists that it is possible.
I think you could argue a tainted jury pool. Possibly resulting in a new trial? ShysterJon? Originally Posted by skydiver

You got to love it ... taint in a jury pool ...
Had they convicted her, I assume the judge would have imposed sentence which would have been probation and a fine.
Which also would have been the same sentence if she had pleaded out.
If this really happened and is not just pulp fiction, her family must have money. Because to fight this when they had her on tape is certainly risky.

I was the only not guilty guy in the room but I argued that the prosecution did not prove their case because half n half could have been anything, even half cocaine half marijuana which is criminal but not prostitution ha ha ha.

Too bad she was not a provider here--I would have asked for a free session. Originally Posted by ivangalt
Nice...
Wrong on so many levels. And I would suggest to you that while your NOT GUILTY vote could have been an honest decision on your part that would not be considered a problem, to have suggested sex with her, especially in exchange for a jury verdict, would be enough to get your ass in front of a judge with a a longer sentence than she faced.
OMG you are the king of white knights!!!! You SAVED that girl. You have no idea how deep that could go. You changed her life by sacrificing your time and energy. That is the greatest gift you can ever give to anyone. You might want to look her up just to meet. I think that is the most wonderful thing I've heard in a very, very VERY long time.

I curtsy to you sir.