Un-United

Bride and groom booted off United flight in Houston

http://www.khou.com/news/local/bride...ston/431644313
FUCK United, they moved a lot of their departments to India. I know first hand... They should change their motto to :Falling from the Friendly Skies:

Continental was 10x better than these Chicago Assholes!

• Old-T
  • 04-17-2017, 12:47 PM
United has been customer-hostile for a long time.
It's hard to believe that United's CEO, even with plenty of time to think about it, gave one of the poorest non-apology pseudo-apologies I've ever seen.

Not for nothing has United long been considered the most poorly managed of all the major carriers.
Bride and groom booted off United flight in Houston. Originally Posted by tonyvicksa
Did you "hear" the "rest of the story"?

The seats they wanted were empty, and a guy was sleeping in their seats, so they didn't want to disturb him. After the plane left without them a flight attendant announced there were plenty of vacant seats and the passengers could sit in any that were vacant!

No extra charge.

(The couple were willing to pay the "Plus Charge" to move.)
The couple should not have been assholes then they could have moved.
The couple should not have been assholes then they could have moved. Originally Posted by pyramider
Were they "assholes"?

It is being reported someone was lying down asleep in their assigned seats ... and they sought to be relocated into the "Plus" seats and pay the extra fee ... $25 to $40 upgrade charge ... to SIT IN THE VACANT SEATS.....

.. which BTW were made available FOR FREE after take-off!

United crew are "fine" with asking passengers to MOVE to vacant seats when re-distributing weight for take-offs and landings .... and making room for flight crews .... but when it has to do with passenger comfort and preference ... "fuck 'em"!

And FYI ... I've flown United almost exclusively when a flight is available to the location within my time constraints ... and Continental before the "merger"!
so, continental airlines is no more. I didn't know they merged with United.

United corporate culture must really suck.
so, continental airlines is no more. I didn't know they merged with United.

United corporate culture must really suck. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
When did Continental and United merge?

"In May 2010, the airline announced that it would merge with UAL Corporation, the parent company of United Airlines, via a stock swap. Continental's shares were acquired by UAL Corporation. The acquisition was completed in October 2010, at which time the holding company was renamed United Continental Holdings."

Notice the tail paint job ... and compare to current United aircraft ..

Were they "assholes"?

It is being reported someone was lying down asleep in their assigned seats ... and they sought to be relocated into the "Plus" seats and pay the extra fee ... $25 to $40 upgrade charge ... to SIT IN THE VACANT SEATS.....

.. which BTW were made available FOR FREE after take-off!

United crew are "fine" with asking passengers to MOVE to vacant seats when re-distributing weight for take-offs and landings .... and making room for flight crews .... but when it has to do with passenger comfort and preference ... "fuck 'em"!

And FYI ... I've flown United almost exclusively when a flight is available to the location within my time constraints ... and Continental before the "merger"! Originally Posted by LexusLover

They failed to communicate effectively to flight crew. All they had to do was to go to empty same class seats, they did not. They tried to upgrade prior to lift off, without the blessing of flight crew.

I used to have a two inch stack of flight vouchers from United, pre merger. They were basically unusable due to all the restrictions, which was the backside of the voucher in very small print.
They failed to communicate effectively to flight crew. Originally Posted by pyramider
That's your "assumption"?

All the "flight crew" had to do is agree to accept the "Plus" fee, WHICH THE COUPLE OFFERED!

And all the "flight crew" had to do was let them know they could switch after the "seat belt" sign was turned off FOR FREE!

So it seems the "flight crew" DID NOT COMMUNICATE!

Too bad about your "vouchers" .... I still have my mileage.
When did Continental and United merge?

"In May 2010, the airline announced that it would merge with UAL Corporation, the parent company of United Airlines, via a stock swap. Continental's shares were acquired by UAL Corporation. The acquisition was completed in October 2010, at which time the holding company was renamed United Continental Holdings."

Notice the tail paint job ... and compare to current United aircraft ..

Originally Posted by LexusLover
merger was consumated in 2012.