Doesn't it suck when.....

An appointment doesn't work out because of unforeseen circumstances beyond both the provider and client's control????

Here's what just happened to me- a client booked an hour and I get myself and my incall ready and cleaned up.. And he comes in and sits down.. And within 2 minutes he's coughing and saying he can't breathe because of my cats, which I put outside.

I've had some things happen before, like a guy got into an accident on the way to my incall.. Kid got sick.. Etc.. But it still sucks every time. I genuinely felt bad for the guy today, but I was out of my whole donation AND I passed up another appointment to take this one. I didn't get any kind of cancellation fee or any reimbursement for my time today, but hey, it is what it is.

Any of yall have any stories to tell about when an appointment has gone all the way to the left, and not because someone had shitty looks, attitude, not compatible, etc? I'm thinking more along the lines of crazy emergencies that came up at the last minute, or health-related issues like this last client...

Just curious.. And kind of wanted to vent

Thanks for reading
ST69/Savannah
Damn! It is really a shame he had to leave without even petting your kitty!
Speaking of cat allergies, I made sure to take a benadryl before I went to your incall once upon a time to avoid a reaction.

I had a dinner date with a provider scheduled but had to cancel. Reason? Wife decided to surprise me with dinner at work. Said provider was very understanding and made me make it up to her.
Speaking of cat allergies, I made sure to take a benadryl before I went to your incall once upon a time to avoid a reaction.

I had a dinner date with a provider scheduled but had to cancel. Reason? Wife decided to surprise me with dinner at work. Said provider was very understanding and made me make it up to her. Originally Posted by Jake B

I'm sorry you had to suffer through allergies (or take meds to avoid them) because of my cats. I will definitely be putting it out there in my ads that I have 2 cats from now on so it's an issue when someone does come over.

And I've had the same thing happen to me w/ the client's wife surprising him and thus forcing him to cancel.

PS- We need to get together soon! Be sure to take that Benadryl! LOL
I hate it too....has happened a few times to me.....just not about cats being the issue...but I love kittys!
Yes it sucks. I lost count of the times I arrive in time for a appointment with a Provider after having reconfirmed 2 hours earlier ( I drive at least 40 minutes to most appointments so that is my practise) and nc/ns.

A loyal guy I never do Plan B.

Cancellations and refunds and returns are a daily occurrence in any business in this Nation. So is shoplifting, theft, any many other indiscretions and crime. I know: been in business since 11 years old. I have been lucky though: no holdups, muggies, drat I still train how to react. Not really. But I prepare for the worst.

my suggestion: rather than lament; prepare. It happens.
Yes it sucks. I lost count of the times I arrive in time for a appointment with a Provider after having reconfirmed 2 hours earlier ( I drive at least 40 minutes to most appointments so that is my practise) and nc/ns.

Cancellations and refunds and returns are a daily occurrence in any business in this Nation. So is shoplifting, theft, any many other indiscretions and crime. I know: been in business since 11 years old. I have been lucky though: no holdups, muggies, drat I still train how to react. Not really. But I prepare for the worst.

my suggestion: rather than lament; prepare. It happens. Originally Posted by doug_dfw
doug is right, it is just part of the business.

The OP wants compensation for her time?

Who is going to compensate the hobbyist who spends his time, gas and mileage/wear and tear on their car to go all the way across town, sometimes, it is an hour or longer one way, and after getting to the intersection designated, she goes radio silent on him?

All you can do is report it and let the masses for the most part, tell you c'est la vie.
It is part of the hobby, but that doesn't make it less frustrating when it happens.
Besides letting clients know you have a dog or cat that will be in the room with you (at some point) that big yellow anaconda hissing frome the kitchen column could also send a hobbyist into cardiac arrest...

IB
It does sucks..but it happens. Never been in a situation where I actually got to an appointment but had to leave.

I did see a girl years ago, that I did not notice her no AA policy....she saw me anyway but the session sucked! She was like you sound white on the phone, and I I was like what does white sound like....she didnt answer...prob my worse session ever
An appointment doesn't work out because of unforeseen circumstances beyond both the provider and client's control????

Here's what just happened to me- a client booked an hour and I get myself and my incall ready and cleaned up.. And he comes in and sits down.. And within 2 minutes he's coughing and saying he can't breathe because of my cats, which I put outside.

I've had some things happen before, like a guy got into an accident on the way to my incall.. Kid got sick.. Etc.. But it still sucks every time. I genuinely felt bad for the guy today, but I was out of my whole donation AND I passed up another appointment to take this one. I didn't get any kind of cancellation fee or any reimbursement for my time today, but hey, it is what it is.

Any of yall have any stories to tell about when an appointment has gone all the way to the left, and not because someone had shitty looks, attitude, not compatible, etc? I'm thinking more along the lines of crazy emergencies that came up at the last minute, or health-related issues like this last client...

Just curious.. And kind of wanted to vent

Thanks for reading
ST69/Savannah Originally Posted by sweet.treat69
This stuff happena sweetheart..... Great providers like you tend to have a lot of repeat customers but whenever new guys come overit it is possible that things like allergies or lack of car manouvering skills (thats an inside joke princess- tongue in cheek).... Great ones like you just shake it up to bad luck.

I dont have any really interesting story to tell. Probably because i repeat a lot.
Happens the other way too, and most guys behave gentlemanly about it, but i read reviews that shows otherwise. In the case of guys that dont accept it well, i believe itis just insecurity about their own manhood.
So I scheduled an appointment with Savannah 2 years ago...yes a long time ago, new to the hobby world for the most part, but regardless, still wary of it. She arrived at my outcall, she called saying she had arrived but nervous about the appointment. I told her to go with her gut feeling that if something was wrong then she could go. She told me she drove over 20 minutes to get to my hotel, I told her i would gift her some points on 411 and I did. Unfortunately, shit happens, but it matters how you handle the situation. I wouldn't expect the guy to give the full donation, but obviously give something for the providers time. They don't flip a switch and just magically look and smell good and have a clean place.
Besides letting clients know you have a dog or cat that will be in the room with you (at some point) that big yellow anaconda hissing frome the kitchen column could also send a hobbyist into cardiac arrest...

IB Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly
+1 . Alot of people suffer from animal allergies unfortunately. Maybe giving them a heads up nonchalantly.. ' hey btw.. i do have indoor cats ect ect. ' atleast it would give you enough time to clean up or maybe a different incall or not waste the time if its going to be an issue
When I first started I made appointments ahead of time. I soon learned as a father of 5 boys I could not be reliable to keep pre-planned appointments...Damn kids! Once my phone rang literally as I was walking in the door before my first kiss. Kid emergency of course. I promptly apologized and left half the donation as I excused myself. The provider called me as I drove away expressing her admiration of my parental responsibilities while thanking me for my generosity. She promised should I reschedule I would be glad....and believe me I was! Now I am the "pain in the ass" spur of the moment client, but ladies like Sweet.Treet69 understand graciously and welcome my short notice ways!!!
PS- We need to get together soon! Be sure to take that Benadryl! LOL Originally Posted by sweet.treat69
One day. I did take a peek at your most recent ad and it is VERY tempting with the current specials.