Your thoughts on the backpage suit against Cook County Sheriff

I may have missed where this was already being discussed somewhere else. But, I'm curious what others thoughts are about the suit backage filed against Cook County Sheriff Dart.

http://digitalcommons.law.scu.edu/historical/1015/

I know several hobby sites have come and gone over the years and will continue to do so. What really concerns me is the pressure that was placed on the credit card companies hat ultimately caused them to cut off backpage and how this will effect the hobby world in general moving forward since I think misplaced power was used to suffocate a website based highly subjective views.
Sounds like something that would happen in Waco.
I notice the Magistrate Judge in the case has a Korean name... maybe he is biased against BP, wanting to steer business to his AMPS? LOL..

it's hard for me to evaluate, but I'm not sure a lawsuit is in the best interest of BP.. I would try to find other suitable payment options first.. a lawsuit just exposes to many, that BP has become a haven for prostitution.. there's probably a lot of people who don't realize that yet, and when they hear about this case, will not side with BP over technical legal issues.

even the WFM section, that is "supposed to be" real women looking for real relationships is prostitute-infected.. 90% or more of the posts.. one does not have to click on the "I'm over 18" sign, so minors can see all the ads.. not that they can't anyway, I know.. only difference is no pics in the WFM section.

as far as the legal point? LE is constantly trying to use law in its favor.. take Abortion, for example.. a legal option for more than 40 years, yet Texas lawmakers got around that, by requiring a Doctor and medical facility close by.. simply a disguised ban on abortion, since the law is so onerous, very few clinics could meet the standard.. or the 1,000 feet from a school, Church, etc., Strip Club location law.. sole purpose is to stop a legal business from operating.

I think a BP lawsuit will likely fail..
This is a news story on the Court's order on the motion you cite.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...824-story.html
I may have missed where this was already being discussed somewhere else. But, I'm curious what others thoughts are about the suit backage filed against Cook County Sheriff Dart.

http://digitalcommons.law.scu.edu/historical/1015/

I know several hobby sites have come and gone over the years and will continue to do so. What really concerns me is the pressure that was placed on the credit card companies hat ultimately caused them to cut off backpage and how this will effect the hobby world in general moving forward since I think misplaced power was used to suffocate a website based highly subjective views. Originally Posted by Nicole Cox
I am not an attorney. But when serving as a senior officer of a large corporation I was involved in several Cook County suits. Cook County has a long record of protecting in state residents who have big and very deep pockets from whatever activity. Defense is almost futile owing to the prejudice.

Sad part: You may not be a resident to have that western law protection even when the activity is challenged. Just become one and enter suit. Or become one and defend suit.

Simply put. Deep pockets are deeking it out. Not with fists, knifes, or guns, just $$$$$$$$