Thoughts on dating co-workers?

So I was asked out by a co-worker. She seems cool and is pretty. However, I've always been reluctant to date a coworker for the following reasons:

1. Being accused of sexual harassment

2. The awkwardness of being around them if something goes wrong

3. How I will be viewed by my other coworkers.

I have met many people who date/marry coworkers, but they work in different units. I get moved around everywhere, so I will be around her quite a bit.

Thoughts? Thanks
I've always avoided looking to date women at work for the reasons you stated. However, I've known a few couples that met that way and are happy years later that they made that decision.
That's why I'm conflicted. I'm probably going to try since she approached me.
I just want to date a girl that actually seems like she really cares about me while on the date, instead of caring about how much other attention she can get from other guys....but back to question, no, don't think would do it for reasons 1 through 3 you put.
That's why I'm conflicted. I'm probably going to try since she approached me. Originally Posted by MrBigD
Yeah when your not the one in the chase it's hard to turn down, especially if she's attractive.

I slept with a coworker once, didn't date her as she was married. I turned her down for about 3 months till one night she caught me after the right amount of alcohol and stimulation (Mardi Gras Night) I gave in. We couldn't find a hotel so ended up taking care of business in the car behind a Warehouse. Great time and we never spoke of it again. We exchanged glances and laughed at occasional offhand references.
Damn, that sounds fun.

I think I'm going to go for it. I don't know her all that well, but her intentions seem to be genuine. I don't get a negative vibe from her and she has a good reputation. However, I have dated girls who turned out to be psycho once I go to know them.
Don't shit where you eat is my motto. I don't need Pussy that bad.
In the past I have had this happen many times, I was required by policy to inform my superior about being approached. I later took the same policy and put it to use.

If you start a physical, business, or romantic relationship with a co worker it must be disclosed to your supervisor by the person being approached. No exceptions upon possible disciplinary action including separation.

All supervisors put this info into a data file and shared it, under the radar, if this person has done this before and if there were any concerns. If there were major problems, she would have been dismissed, but sometimes transfered out of state. Later if there is a problem where the company suffers from it the person who approached another employee for sex, relationship, or investment would be the person fired.

I personally have always notified my boss that I was approached or was going to approach another and have always received great information before shooting myself in the foot. Once that she claimed rape against a co worker...

I now don't have the opportunity since I am THE BOSS and the lawyers told me "no fucking way."

There was this redhead, back before getting married, who told me that she just wanted a roll in the rack, nothing more, my boss told me she was worth losing a job over!!! It ended when I became her boss and yes it sucked knowing she was fucking the next me who was my employee too.
In the past I have had this happen many times, I was required by policy to inform my superior about being approached. I later took the same policy and put it to use.

If you start a physical, business, or romantic relationship with a co worker it must be disclosed to your supervisor by the person being approached. No exceptions upon possible disciplinary action including separation.

All supervisors put this info into a data file and shared it, under the radar, if this person has done this before and if there were any concerns. If there were major problems, she would have been dismissed, but sometimes transfered out of state. Later if there is a problem where the company suffers from it the person who approached another employee for sex, relationship, of investment would be the person fired.

I personally have always notified my boss that I was approached or was going to approach another and have always received great information before shooting myself in the foot. Once that she claimed rape against a co worker...

I now don't have the opportunity since I am THE BOSS and the lawyers told me "no fucking way."

There was this redhead, back before getting married, who told me that she just wanted a roll in the rack, nothing more, my boss told me she was worth losing a job over!!! It ended when I became her boss and yes it sucked knowing she was fucking the next me who was my employee too.
Originally Posted by RandB fan
This is the best response I could have gotten. My supervisor is more than a type-A personality. She is a Type-AA personality. I can confide in her, so I am comfortable asking her this.

Thanks for that. Documentation is sooooo important. Very smart response.
Thank you, normally Nugley calls me an ass, a thank you is appreciated. Oh yeah "takes 1 2 know 1"

This is the best response I could have gotten. My supervisor is more than a type-A personality. She is a Type-AA personality. I can confide in her, so I am comfortable asking her this.

Thanks for that. Documentation is sooooo important. Very smart response. Originally Posted by MrBigD
Thank you, normally Nugley calls me an ass, a thank you is appreciated. Oh yeah "takes 1 2 know 1" Originally Posted by RandB fan
Go easy on him... he's at that age where child like behavior tends to start occurring more frequently..... he would tell you about it but probably forgot....
Whispy, you have your moments...
Go easy on him... he's at that age where child like behavior tends to start occurring more frequently.... Originally Posted by Whispers
Death before DependsŪ
do not do it!! nothing good will come of it... unless yall are in completely different parts of the company
After years in the corporate world - I learned these 3 words...Just say no!!