How Many Elections Will It Take for a Speaker Jordan?

So he is gonna fall short by a significant number in the first election. MAGA and Jordan supporters used strong arm tactics, threats and bullying against their own Republican members in an attempt to, unsuccessfully, reach 217.

I suppose that he’ll now have to try carrots and see what he can get that number to.

What’s the magic number of elections it’ll take for Jordan to get the Speakership?

How many elections until he pulls his name from the pool?
How many? Don't know.
But this is bad. Gaetz and Jordan are domestic terrorists.
Mccarthy did a good job. His crime? Working with the other side like he's supposed to do.
Back to how many votes for Jordan? I hope someone else rises up
First election 200 for Jordan, 212 Jeffries, 20 anyone except Jordan.

So I suspect he’ll get a few more on the next vote but I’m not sure he can get 17 of them to switch today. What carrots does he have to offer? Will he agree with Ukraine funding? Will he agree to pass bipartisan bills? What can he come up with that will get 17 people change their minds in his favor aside from threatening them on Fox and Newsmax?

I still think he’ll pull it off, because . . . Republicans . . . But, I’m gonna have some real doubts if after the next vote he is not at 210 or so. If his number stays around 200, he’ll have to pull out.

They’ve gone into recess. Guess they need to have a conversation before any additional votes.
It will make McCarthys epic speaker vote look like a day picnic. Jordan will not make it today or tomorrow.

Funny thing.
Hannity is gunning for him and guaranteed an acceptance by the GOP today.

Swing and a miss

Newt said he's sure Jordan would get in by vote 1,...another swing and a miss.

What has become abundantly clear is that the "talking heads of the GOP" on the "GOP" channel, are absolutely wrong.

Just like they were wrong on polls, and the big red wave that was supposedly going to come. Ho hum. More of how the GOP can't run one damn thing right. They are a group of dysfunctional teenagers who can't figure out how to even plan a party.

Mc Lovin's every fucking one of them. Additionally they decided they needed to hold a press conference to condemn Hamas by vilifying Biden.

No solutions -What a bunch of fuck-ups.
Almost time for vote number 2. Word on the street is that there will possibly be more anti- Jordan votes this time around.

When you call your own party members RINOs and tools of the establishment and spend time trying to burn down your own party, guess that doesn’t garner a lot of friends (or votes).

Typical clown behavior. Republicans generally don’t ever believe reality even when it’s in their faces. Maybe being a Republican in the Trump wing requires a DSM IV diagnosis. Is stupidity in the DSM? How about dumbness? Or idiocy? Because those are Trump follower and Trumpublican traits.
DSM defines TGS (Trump Gaslight syndrome) as a state of catatonic ambivalence to facts or reality.

The vote is being done right now and Jordan has already lost. Even more people are voting against him than last vote - which means likely the end of this guys run for speaker.

Imagine nominating a guy who's never brought a single piece of legislation to the floor, or one that made it to a caucus - and then expecting him to be able to carry the speaker's gavel with some dignity and ability to gain consensus!??

Oh well GOP - you and your supporters should all have glass stomachs, so that way you can see where you're going with your head up your ass. Just kidding - well mostly

I wouldn't want to offend any of our delicate conservative friends here on the board. I meant "the other GOP supporters"
Looks like Jordan will fail again.
Jordan already loses 2cd vote. The rebuke of magas is growing
He said he wants a third vote. They want to primary anti-Jordaners. And they want Fox News to attack them. Dumbest plan ever.

I thought the idiot Republicans would go ahead and yield for Jordan but I’ll give credit where it’s due. 20+ republicans of 221 actually put country over party. About 10%. Can’t say that’s impressive but it’s better than the number that have stood up to Trumpism or against election deniers or against Jan 6
Yet dems vote straight partisan.
Gaetz had help getting rid of Mccarthy. Mccarthy was working with both sides and magas and dems remove him in favor of chaos
McCarthy didn’t work with both sides. No need to rewrite history. He let his tail (right wing nuts) wag him around. There was no reason for democrats to save him when he couldn’t control members of his own caucus.

Aside from preventing the default and a govt shutdown, McCarthy never invited bipartisan support of any actions in the house. And both of those were “no other option”. He tried every far right approach (which were all backed by Jordan and the other terrorists) prior to coming to democrats and giving in to moderate legislation.

The Republican congress was garbage under McCarthy and yielding to the right wing nuts has guaranteed that no republican congress can pass any legislation.

The democrats are not to blame for this chaos. This is all republicans. Not the democrats fault that republicans can’t govern.
Yet dems vote straight partisan.
Gaetz had help getting rid of Mccarthy. Mccarthy was working with both sides and magas and dems remove him in favor of chaos Originally Posted by winn dixie

Democrats are voting straight partisan because it's the only chance to get into the game. If they pick sides now without some kind of guarantee of moderation or power sharing they get squat. If I were them I wouldn't trust Jordan, Scalise or McCarthy either. They need a block of moderate Republicans to get together with them and come so some kind of arrangement where both sides like something and both sides hate something. Unfortunately that's called compromise.