GOP and Dems Unite to keep spending money

This is bipartisanship in action. They'll fund the government for 6 months, because neither party wants to look bad before the elections.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...spending-deal/

And you guys believe Romney will be different.
when it comes right down to it both parties will always unit and spend money.
They can't pass a damn budget for years but they can keep approving bills to spend money like there is no tomorrow. I'm definitely sitting out this election, I have to see myself in the mirror in the morning and I also want to sleep at night without regretting that my vote contributed to another 4 years of the same crap, under a different name.
Vote for Gary Johnson. You'll sleep better.
They can't pass a damn budget for years but they can keep approving bills to spend money like there is no tomorrow. I'm definitely sitting out this election, I have to see myself in the mirror in the morning and I also want to sleep at night without regretting that my vote contributed to another 4 years of the same crap, under a different name. Originally Posted by icuminpeace
That will work...peace out...
Vote for Gary Johnson. You'll sleep better. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

does he have a budget?
This is bipartisanship in action. They'll fund the government for 6 months, because neither party wants to look bad before the elections.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...spending-deal/

And you guys believe Romney will be different. Originally Posted by icuminpeace
Sad that we finally get some "BUY partisan" action going on.
does he have a budget? Originally Posted by ekim008
Johnson says he will submit a balanced budget to Congress in his first year.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/issue...nd-the-deficit
  • WTF
  • 08-01-2012, 12:06 AM
does he have a budget? Originally Posted by ekim008

I hope he allocates COG some Liberty and Freedom.

Isn't it true that as a percentage of GDP that Federal spending has remained the same over the last fifty years?

Am I wrong?
The GOP controlled congress has submitted budgets and passed them. They sit in the democratically controlled Senate waiting on a vote. Reid is afraid to allow them to come to a vote because they may pass and then it goes to Obama. The percentage has increased under Obama but declined when the Tea Party dominated (with the GOP) the 2010 elections. Also factor in that the GDP has declined under Obama.

The graph includes state and local spending too....and that's where all the growth has been.

In terms of FEDERAL spending, it's been constant at 20% since the 1950s, and only has spiked to 22% in the last three years because of recession-related spending on such things as unemployment insurance, food stamps, medicare for those whose insurance was lost, etc...............

In 1963 the Defense Department was responsible for spending ALMOST TEN PERCENT OF THE US GDP because by that time it was spending about half of the Federal budget, and the Federal budget was about 20% of the GDP.

Incredible HOW MUCH WAS SPENT ON DEFENSE in those days!!!!!!

That's why when the Vietnam war came around and Johnson refused to raise taxes to pay for it IT SET US BACK BIG TIME AND WE NEVER RECOVERED FROM IT.
So, tae, are you saying that as long as the deficit remains under a certain percentage of GDP, we can continue to run deficits in perpetuity without any negative effects on the economy? Brilliant.
Sure, the more you owe the less it is worth so you can continue to owe more money because the value keeps declining. Oh wait, that only works if you can print your own money.
  • WTF
  • 08-01-2012, 06:28 AM
The percentage has increased under Obama but declined when the Tea Party dominated (with the GOP) the 2010 elections. Also factor in that the GDP has declined under Obama.
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
And I bet you think the Sun coming up is because of the Rooster crowing.

The Tea Party being elected had nothing to do with government spending declining. The stimulis money was running out. That would be like blaming the Tea Party for unemployment rising in the public sector. That is a fact but not the fault of the Tea Party.