Off reading near KC

Does anybody know some trails near by? I know y'all got some rain recently, and I'm ready to get my jeep muddy! 😈😈
Don't think your Yeep is going to get very dirty "off reading".

P.S. "Yeep" is spelled the way I've been pronouncing it for 40+ years!

Does anybody know some trails near by? I know y'all got some rain recently, and I'm ready to get my jeep muddy! 😈😈 Originally Posted by Lolahhhhh
Oops, that was supposed to say **off roading**
Autocorrect didn't recognize it as a word lol
The closest legit trails are going to be Kansas rocks, down by Mapleton Kansas, and Turtle Creek Reservoir, north of Manhattan Kansas. Both of those are more technical, with rocks, and such. If you just want trails, and mud, there's some trails around Tiffany Springs Athletic Park. Keep in mind, if you do those technically you're trespassing. There's also Kickapoo Trail. It's nothing official, just two series of roads between Leavenworth Kansas, and St Joseph Missouri.
Thanks, I'll probably check it out while I'm here. 😊
Obviously, my dear, but led to a humorous come back none the less!

Oops, that was supposed to say **off roading**
Autocorrect didn't recognize it as a word lol Originally Posted by Lolahhhhh
On a serious note . . . me thinks if you take 435 on the East side, get off on Garfield, head West just a bit you'll see a gravel road heading off up over a hill on the left. Have no idea where it goes, if it goes anywhere but it does look somewhat promising.

On the West side of town, again off 435 on Shwnee Mission Parkway head West within ½ mile or so. Somewhere in there I've seen a dirt road that disappears into the woods. Same details as above.

I've seen others but can't place them.
Lolahhhhh
Here ya go:

But seriously, around here there's only private farm fields.