POOR FORM?

Providers, am I a total bitch … or do you get annoyed when potential clients ask for a special when you haven't advertised any specials?

I think its rather rude to ask, unless inquiring about multi hour appointments.

Asking for a discount , and an outfit request in the same instance?
Shit like that makes my eyes roll!

Even without having it on my showcase, I'd be asked most of the time.
Some may have unadvertised specials and the guys are just making sure they are getting the best offer available. When I'm not running any specials, I would just tell guys no and give them my rates.
From what I've learned, if they are not premium members, they can't see our showcases to know if we have something listed there that isn't in our ads.
Sometimes the blood is rushing to the little head and they aren't thinking straight, so it's best to just be patient.
This may sound odd but would you rather give a discount of 25 or 50 per hour and make some money or not offer the discount and not get the appt at all. When travelling, you could be out the hotel/travel costs. When at home, you could end up with a long term client if willing to work with them.
You are entitled to run your business how you want....I personally don't mind if they ask for a discount I don't find it rude at all. Nor do I find asking for an outfit request a bad thing either. I was taught growing up if you don't ask.. you'll never know. It takes just as much time to nicely say no as it does to give them a bitch attitude just for asking...You never know the one you were rude to could have turned out to be a weekly regular or even better....
Typically I will ask, but not in the form of "will you give me a special?", but "what are your current donations?". Half of the ladies that advertise will advertise 'specials' in at least 50% of their ads. Sometimes it tends to run together. If nothing more, it clears up any ambiguity of what the donations are before going in. Some consider the hobby a buyer's market, so they will shop around and attempt to negotiate. Not my policy, just my opinion.
  • ztonk
  • 08-02-2014, 04:48 PM
A lot of guys are value conscious and want to make sure they are getting the best deal, so I don't see why a lady should be offended if asked politely.

z
Even without having it on my showcase, I'd be asked most of the time.
Some may have unadvertised specials and the guys are just making sure they are getting the best offer available. When I'm not running any specials, I would just tell guys no and give them my rates.
From what I've learned, if they are not premium members, they can't see our showcases to know if we have something listed there that isn't in our ads.
Sometimes the blood is rushing to the little head and they aren't thinking straight, so it's best to just be patient.
This may sound odd but would you rather give a discount of 25 or 50 per hour and make some money or not offer the discount and not get the appt at all. When travelling, you could be out the hotel/travel costs. When at home, you could end up with a long term client if willing to work with them. Originally Posted by TemptationTammie
A great, reasoned, reply. Wish more had this ladies attitude!!
  • Imatk
  • 08-02-2014, 04:56 PM
A great, reasoned, reply. Wish more had this ladies attitude!! Originally Posted by nuglet
+1 Imagine that... someone who cares about repeat business and pleasing her clients.
Get a grip on yourself and realize what kind of business you're in.

People haggle over houses, cars, and many other things. Do you think you're somehow above the fray? You're not a girlfriend, you're providing a service. For that matter, guys haggle with their girlfriends or wives. "No, let's not buy that car, let's get this cheaper one instead."

Now, once a price has been agreed upon and an appointment has been made, it's bad form to try to change the price after then. "Gee, honey, I know your ad said $150, but now that I'm here, can you do it for $100?"

If the guy asks for a special when he contacts you, you can just tell him "no" and do without his business. If he's an asshole about it after you say no, consider yourself lucky that you found out he's an asshole remotely instead of face to face.
If asked respectfully, when a discount is requested, I will listen intently and ask questions.

This doesn't happen to me often, as I've been told, my rates are fair, if not on the low end. I well know I have a few clients who work 2 full 8 hour shifts in order to spend a $90, 60 minute FBSM session with me. I'm grateful for all of my clients.

The funny thing is, I find that it's the Barista from the breakfast place down the street, or the guy working at Office Max while he's self publishing his graphic novel, that always takes extra care of me and my things. They never haggle about donation levels, always leave a little extra something for me, and hang up my towels after they finish their shower..... I appreciate it!

All of that being said, when someone I've never met wants to cherry pick my offerings, and requests a donation level that is almost 1/2 of what I would have received without the haggling, it can sting a bit. Especially if you've already contacted their references.

If I can not accomadate them, I just politely say: No, thank you. Possibly suggest another Lady or two who might be able to better meet their expressed needs. If they persist, I politely ask them to move on, and end the conversation.

Providers, am I a total bitch … or do you get annoyed when potential clients ask for a special when you haven't advertised any specials?

I think its rather rude to ask, unless inquiring about multi hour appointments.

Asking for a discount , and an outfit request in the same instance?
Shit like that makes my eyes roll!

Originally Posted by LaylaStorm
Not a Provider but from a Client point of view... Are you a Total Bitch? Even Bitch? I don't know... It depends on how you respond.

Are you a good business woman? Not close. You are running a business and charge a lot of money. Graciously handling requests, no matter how frustrated you might be with them , is part of running and growing a business.

You don't have to agree.

But coming on here and complaining about it will have ZERO positive effect on your business and probably some negative impact.

If your question WAS meant for Providers you should have asked it in the Powder Room rather than a public forum.
I dont mind them asking, some times I am feeling extra nice and will take there offer as long as its not too low, but like tammie and vikki it doesnt bother me I rather get the appointment 20 off then nothing at all. Theres to much here to choose from and if your rude to them for no reason the word will spread and they will just say fuck you and go to the next girl who has better attitude and will give a special, trust me were all just one in a million pussys around here so when they come to you take it as a compliment and never bite the hand that feeds you...Thats what I would do if I was a man and well pretty much that is what will happen, not being rude but take it or leave it like vikki said its your business and you run it how you want.
I dont mind them asking, some times I am feeling extra nice and will take there offer as long as its not too low, but like tammie and vikki it doesnt bother me I rather get the appointment 20 off then nothing at all. Theres to much here to choose from and if your rude to them for no reason the word will spread and they will just say fuck you and go to the next girl who has better attitude and will give a special, trust me were all just one in a million pussys around here so when they come to you take it as a compliment and never bite the hand that feeds you...Thats what I would do if I was a man and well pretty much that is what will happen, not being rude but take it or leave it like vikki said its your business and you run it how you want. Originally Posted by shayla84
Welcome to Austin. It's a better place...now that you are here.
I'm the same way with COED ADS!
I was def venting! Ah well! Everyone is def entitled to voice opinions and share different views. I respect everybody, even if I don't agree with them.

If my views make somebody choose not to see me then perhaps we don't have compatible personalities. And that's okay also.

What I enjoy is people who appreciate my time and show that. If I'm given what I ask for off top I def go above and beyond to show my appreciation .

I was def venting! Ah well! Everyone is def entitled to voice opinions and share different views. I respect everybody, even if I don't agree with them.

If my views make somebody choose not to see me then perhaps we don't have compatible personalities. And that's okay also.

What I enjoy is people who appreciate my time and show that. If I'm given what I ask for off top I def go above and beyond to show my appreciation .

Originally Posted by LaylaStorm
That sounds really good. I wish more ladies would have that great attitude. So exactly what does that mean? Extra time? Do you like wash the guys car or balls? Tell us more about the "above and beyond".