New Orleans Incall? Pros/Cons

I am here today to ask input.

I spend the Easter weekend in the quarter and saw this beautiful apartment on the edge of the quarter near Barracks St.

So my questions is; Should I?

I do not live near the city but would possibly enjoy a private incall location in the quarter that I could also use for myself privately during events.

What do you all think?
PROS?
CONS?
It would be best to have your own spot if it is affordable. The con would be people knowing where you actually stay. Some people are crazy!
It would be best to have your own spot if it is affordable. The con would be people knowing where you actually stay. Some people are crazy! Originally Posted by Snake Eyes
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it but I want to make clear, I am not thinking of moving to the city but just to fill numerous request I get to come to the city.

This would only be an incall location for New Orleans.
Yes having your own private income is a plus especially in New Orleans...especially when It gets summer time and business dwindles it'll be cheaper to have something to pay by the month that I have something to pay by the day like At a hotel...
Yes having your own private income is a plus especially in New Orleans...especially when It gets summer time and business dwindles it'll be cheaper to have something to pay by the month that I have something to pay by the day like At a hotel... Originally Posted by Melissa Madyson

ditto...unless you are gonna get alot of use out of it,it is not feasible
Yes having your own private income is a plus especially in New Orleans...especially when It gets summer time and business dwindles it'll be cheaper to have something to pay by the month that I have something to pay by the day like At a hotel... Originally Posted by Melissa Madyson
Yes, thank you.
I hate hotels, I have a very private house in Houma/Thibodaux area.
I have been asked to come to New Orleans but I hate hotels/motels and such.
try using airbnb
try using airbnb Originally Posted by DallasRain
Thanks, I have but would prefer my own place with no prying eyes
I would highly recommend grabbing the place up as quickly as possible, if it is reasonably priced. I live in the French Quarter and have an incall in the Warehouse District and find that the constant activity in this area helps distract the prying eyes. And the area around Barracks is much more residential and quieter, which is nice. It can be a little more dangerous on the outer edges of the Lower French Quarter, but nowhere near the way that it used to be. The Lower French Quarter, Marigny, Bywater and even Treme have all gotten much nicer and safer recently. The new streetcar line will help continue that trend.
I would highly recommend grabbing the place up as quickly as possible, if it is reasonably priced. I live in the French Quarter and have an incall in the Warehouse District and find that the constant activity in this area helps distract the prying eyes. And the area around Barracks is much more residential and quieter, which is nice. It can be a little more dangerous on the outer edges of the Lower French Quarter, but nowhere near the way that it used to be. The Lower French Quarter, Marigny, Bywater and even Treme have all gotten much nicer and safer recently. The new streetcar line will help continue that trend. Originally Posted by Lily Kat Wood
Thanks for the info Lily.
It is reasonably priced for the size and area.
I am so leaning for it......
The edge of the Quarter is preferable for parking. As you know, parking in the Quarter is a HUGE pain in the ass, but being closer to Esplanade, your callers could probably find parking without too much difficulty.

Regarding "prying eyes": a problem I've had with several Quarter incalls is having to walk through a courtyard, or some 'public' area to get to the apartment. I was very uncomfortable walking past the the neighbors and wondered how many other callers the lady had seen that day/week. I never saw those ladies a second time, for that reason. An apartment with a private, discreet entrance is best, IMHO.

That being said, go for it. The Quarter is a wonderful place to live.
INCALL lol Even us old skool ladies make a typo every now and then...LMAO...

I would suggest you follow what Dallas has said...
M.M.
The edge of the Quarter is preferable for parking. As you know, parking in the Quarter is a HUGE pain in the ass, but being closer to Esplanade, your callers could probably find parking without too much difficulty.

Regarding "prying eyes": a problem I've had with several Quarter incalls is having to walk through a courtyard, or some 'public' area to get to the apartment. I was very uncomfortable walking past the the neighbors and wondered how many other callers the lady had seen that day/week. I never saw those ladies a second time, for that reason. An apartment with a private, discreet entrance is best, IMHO.

That being said, go for it. The Quarter is a wonderful place to live. Originally Posted by stavinChain
I have to thank you all,
I am getting alot of great information.
This place has a private entrance, not in the courtyard, although it has one.
Parking is plentyfull near it and I really only see one gentleman caller per day.
And again, I do not intend on living there as I love living in Da Bayou but it would be used for fun times only, Oh and events.......
INCALL lol Even us old skool ladies make a typo every now and then...LMAO...

I would suggest you follow what Dallas has said...
M.M. Originally Posted by Melissa Madyson
LOL yes I know, thanks to the EDIT button......LOL
cares how you spell..and kat..glad ya now run our board .j.s. xxoo annie