Location location location

• 08-11-2010, 11:07 AM
If a provider says north Austin she could mean Anderson Lane or Georgetown, Leander, Hutto or anything in between. A provider I recently saw identified her 78723 incall as central; um, no.

I very strongly recommend using zip codes to identify incall locations; broadly general enough to be safe, specific enough to be useful.
See my posting on Elana in the Locker Room.
I think that's a great idea. I'm south Austin, so "your" version of north is probably different than mine...
Zip codes could help but take 78613, it includes Anderson Mill area, Cedar Park, Leander, and Round Rock. That's North and Northwest.
Zip codes could help but take 78613, it includes Anderson Mill area, Cedar Park, Leander, and Round Rock. That's North and Northwest. Originally Posted by Sir Hardin Thicke
Wow really? I thought those areas were more densely populated than that!

But yeah, zipcodes make sense. Although I think saying I'm near the Arboretum is easier for people to identify than saying my zipcode which may be less recognizable.

I guess I could say both...
Wow really? I thought those areas were more densely populated than that!

But yeah, zipcodes make sense. Although I think saying I'm near the Arboretum is easier for people to identify than saying my zipcode which may be less recognizable.

I guess I could say both... Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
I know from personal experience that you are very good at going both ways!
I much prefer North, South or Central over zip codes. I'm not from Austin and the zip codes don't mean anything to me. It would be great if the area was pinned down a little more. For instance, "north Austin near 35 & Palmer". Since I am coming in from New Braunfels I look for south Austin most of the time. I agree that "North" can cover a lot of ground.
  • 08-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I much prefer North, South or Central over zip codes. I'm not from Austin and the zip codes don't mean anything to me. It would be great if the area was pinned down a little more. For instance, "north Austin near 35 & Palmer". Since I am coming in from New Braunfels I look for south Austin most of the time. I agree that "North" can cover a lot of ground. Originally Posted by Budman
Great example. Total stranger comes to Austin, asks general locations, gets a zip code, types it into google maps, get the area. Types in Palmer and I-35... Google might be smart enough to figure out you meant Parmer, but if it isn't, you're fucked.
  • 08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Zip codes could help but take 78613, it includes Anderson Mill area, Cedar Park, Leander, and Round Rock. That's North and Northwest. Originally Posted by Sir Hardin Thicke
No it doesn't; just Cedar Park. Leander's 78641, 78645, 78646. Round Rock's six zip codes: 786- 64, 65, 80, 81, 82, 83. Anderson Mill area is in Austin, 78729.
Great example. Total stranger comes to Austin, asks general locations, gets a zip code, types it into google maps, get the area. Types in Palmer and I-35... Google might be smart enough to figure out you meant Parmer, but if it isn't, you're fucked. Originally Posted by 78704

I know what you're saying but I would also expect a provider to know where she is located and thus spell the name correctly. I don't want to google every ad I see just to figure out where she is located. Maybe a combination of both would help. North Austin, 78???.
hmmmmm....i guess i should google my incalls zipcode?
i definately wanna make it easy to be found, but not tooo easy...
I will just put both up from now on, thanks for the advice!
I think this is kinda funny considering the size of Austin. It's like all the whining about having to drive from south to north to see someone. If you know the cut-throughs during rush hour or travel off-hours, it's all of 20 mins. Now, if we were in Houston or Dallas, I'd completely understand the need for delineating areas. Frankly, I don't like seeing my location too narrowly pinpointed. It's not prudent to announce your incall in mixed company i.e. lurkers & members not vouched reading reviews. Potential stalkers would love to have things narrowed down, wouldn't they?

Consider that penultimate concern around here: discretion. It goes hand in hand w/ safety.

Just another perspective that shouldn't be overlooked.
  • 08-22-2010, 01:43 PM
32 miles with tolls in 20 minutes from 78748 to 78717, wow.

My guess would be that you don't know how big Austin is AND that you ignored the point that providers in Georgetown, Hutto, Round Rock, Pflugerville, et cetera identify themselves as north Austin. I'd argue a zip code is big enough for anonymity's sake, do you disagree?
You'd argue about anything. *blehhh* Have you ever left Austin???? It's not that big compared to SA, Houston or Dallas all in Texas. Geez. What next? Street names?

Just because some ladies are TRYING to be discreet in not saying they're in the "scary zone" i.e. Wilco or are perhaps trying to lure fellas in by giving misleading info doesn't mean everyone should comply with your wishes.