Drone Question

If a lamb is a ram and a donkey is an ass, why is a ram in the ass a goose?
And uphisownass says here is a polished turd with glitter on it
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Dumbest thread you have put up yet.
And uphisownass says here is a polished turd with glitter on it Originally Posted by redriverronin
There's book out there that will help you express yourself in this forum ... Including starting threads, making a point and defending your arguments. But I think it's above your comprehension level.

Therefore, I direct you to the following collection...

As I am sure you expected COG---no response from the nutjobs other than a demonstration of stupidity.
Stupidity gets stupidity
Here is where I depart from COG. Drones, like firearms, are tools. They are used to make a change. The person behind the controls (or gun) is responsible for what happens. Sometimes a decision has to be made and as I have stated before that should be ONLY the POTUS. There can be no denying of responsibility or shuffling of authority. If a high value target is found the president has to make the decision if the children standing next to him become collateral damage or if we pass on the opportunity. This was done often in Iraq and Afghanistan. Review some of the video availabe on youtube. You can hear the operators or pilots (in the case of a manned aircraft) debating whether they could take the shot. If a child or innocent is killed then it is on the hands of the POTUS and no one else.

COG doesn't seem to like the drone program. I don't like the way it is being ran or the lack of safeguards and oversight.

It must be hard for a Nobel Peace Prize awardee (he didn't win anything) to stand in front of the world and say that he gave the orders that killed a room full of innocent people because we wanted to get Mohammed X so much. It takes guts and we know that is a missing commodity at the White House (see gutsy call).
  • CJ7
  • 04-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I doubt very seriously this President or any other president would use a drone to take out a high value target with any of our children in the immediate area ..

God invented snipers for that.
Do you think the President should have that authority? Remember, we bombed cities and facilites in German and Japan with POW camps nearby. We also killed thousands of Frenchmen getting at the Germans. So the President already has that power so I guess the question is should he have oversight by the people who voted for the war (Congress).
  • CJ7
  • 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Do you think the President should have that authority? Remember, we bombed cities and facilites in German and Japan with POW camps nearby. We also killed thousands of Frenchmen getting at the Germans. So the President already has that power so I guess the question is should he have oversight by the people who voted for the war (Congress). Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

nah, I think the prez should spend his time on twitter
I doubt very seriously this President or any other president would use a drone to take out a high value target with any of our children in the immediate area ..

God invented snipers for that. Originally Posted by CJ7
and SEAL teams

Do you think the President should have that authority? Remember, we bombed cities and facilites in German and Japan with POW camps nearby. We also killed thousands of Frenchmen getting at the Germans. So the President already has that power so I guess the question is should he have oversight by the people who voted for the war (Congress). Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
that's called casualties of war
Silly.

But, what if the guy in the house with the cute kids in the yard was getting ready to dump a gallon of some sort of biological warfare agent into the drinking water system in a major American city?

Would we be justified in taking the little kiddies out then COG? Let's assume no other tactical option other than the drone is available.

Fucking A we would.

Let's assume the little kiddies in the back yard belonged to the chubby dictator in North Korea. And, we had utterly credible intelligence that the chubby little dictator was about to give the word to detonate a nuclear weapon in Seoul, South Korea. Would we be justified then COG?
Here is where I depart from COG. Drones, like firearms, are tools. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
My takeaway from your entire thoughtful post (and it was thoughtful) ---

YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT TOOLS AGAIN!!!!