What would you do, if ...

... you discovered that someone from this community was trying to obtain real life personal info about you?

If they were successful and it could harm you, how would you handle what to do about it?

And, if it couldn't harm you, what would you do?
Probably would depend on who that someone is. There are some here that are very capable and it would take very little for them to have all of one's info.
Send Luca to pay them a visit.
Given the demonstrated lack of serious penalties that this site hands out when someone has stalked and collected real world information on a member and then posted it repeatedly on this site, there appears to be little you can do here.

Sometimes they even go so far as to create proxied handles and repeat the outings on here and the only punishment is to ban the new handles.

Even worse, if they continue to make up more lies and spread it off the site using emails they gained from private forums and events, there is even less you can do.

How would one take action or retaliate?

What good would it do to mimic their asinine behavior and repay them in kind? Wouldn't that simply lower you to their childish level of being someone who should be shunned and banned from this community for more than a few paltry weeks?

IF there was a sticky where the handle of those who have been found to have used this site to out someone and the staff has had to waste time cleaning up their outings, why shouldn't the rest of the members know the sort of asshole they are so they can be aware not to associate with them at any level, that might help keep others from the same fate.

Yes this is not ASPD and most are very glad that this new improved site functions so much better but the lifetime ban on ASPD was a great deterrent because it was understood that if they did it once and little punishment happened, they could do it again.

Because if someone on here has been caught red handed using this site to out someone, isn't that information that should be shared?

As for it depending on who it is?

If you mean who is the one being outted should make a difference, unless they are a physical threat to the members, such as the guy that was pulling the knife on providers and stealing from them, and had been arrested and jailed for those crimes in the past and providers came forward to testify against him, then I see that as a benefit to the community.

But if it is someone being outed because a member has a bug up his ass and has made up lies and has zero proof the outed member has done anything to harm other members then who the member is should not matter.
... you discovered that someone from this community was trying to obtain real life personal info about you?

If they were successful and it could harm you, how would you handle what to do about it?

And, if it couldn't harm you, what would you do? Originally Posted by Jarvis
Are they messaging you via PMs? If so, turn them over to admin.
Are you able to take a break from the boards? You don't have to take a break from hobbying.. Some years ago I had a guy who was out to get me. I just took a break from posting. When I started again he started again, but luckily enough time had passed that he eventually found someone else to bother.. Or hopefully even better, he grew up.

Advocate violence? Who...me? ....maybe.

That kind of action can ruin your life and serves no purpose. It should be stopped. The phrase "whatever it takes" comes to mind.

Should have 2 completely, unquestionably, and distinct separate lives....did I say that right?
Should have 2 completely, unquestionably, and distinct separate lives....did I say that right? Originally Posted by addicted2U
You said it perfectly, and I agree. I feel I am bulletproof on both aspects. Even in the event of an outing I would suffer no ill. No boss, no family, don't even know my neighbors names, my company is not public...but, I do agree with OG's idea. The return fire would more than level the playing field....

And I also agree with LL, this environment offers neither protection or recourse.

Just wanted to put this out there for some people to think about.

Wow that sucks Jarvis. I almost hate to ask who it is but pretty sure I already know. I'm sorry you are going through this with that person.
Damn Jarvis why be a pussy
Idk maybe not post so much and stfu
Hey dude why don't you go ask one of the ladies you pay to sleep with what went up your a**? IJS
Hey dudette it's my azz. Why would you care?
That was a rude reply by Ms Evans.
I know butt they are still not gonna stfu and post alot