Please vote and thank St Chris for recognizing

First, Thank you St.C for recognizing that not all threads should be in open forum. Classy move. Now I would like to share a poll on this subject partly because I believe not only that I represent the site but that the site represents me and partly because I am curious as to the statistical analysis. Please vote and leave comments. To be a completely unbiased study, this thread needs to be beyond rules... more of a "behind the woodshed" anything goes type but do please respect St. Chris' request to not bring up specific subjects, events or threads; but stay "in general".

Okay, due to recent events on this site and in the real world, I pose these questions:

Should providers be able to vote hobbyists off of the site due to offensive behavior and it be binding?

Should hobbyists be able to vote providers off of the site due to offensive behavior and it be binding?

Do you believe that the site mods should maintain all responsibility for maintaining the boards membership?

Or should it be more democratic; therefore more representative of the majority?

Somewhere, we have to find the ability to protect the hobby. I shutter at some of the things written showing up in a court or media outlet? Quite honestly, it scares the living hell out of me; especially with all that is going on out there. Personally it is becoming difficult for me to tie my reputation and character to some of these site representing posts. Do you agree or does the 1st amendment supersede all?
Yes, to both sides voting the other off. But there must 1s be a "hobby law/constitution" or a decided written, universal, policy for both sides what is no-acceptable and or what is out of line. (as far as endangering the community or individual) On that same note there would have to be a clause that would deal with hobby "couples", and some boundaries for all.
Yes, to both sides voting the other off as well. Once the voting is done, the mods will have a much easier job of corraling the "infamous posters" on this site. Oh, wait, I guess the "infamous posters" would be voted off. And, oh, wait, I guess the mods are "bannable" as well since they're hobbyists. Maybe a follow-up thread will be in order:

"Who should turn out the lights when the last person is banned?"
How about if you don't like the thread just don't read it.... If you don't like the behavior use "ignore".... If you don't like the Mods/Owners position, go away and join Backpage..

The idea of "protecting the hobby" is absurd.. this "hobby" has been around long before your great great great great great great great great great great grandmother... And it needs no protection!

Judgement of what is acceptable and not, is a pretty fine line when it comes to paying for sex... everyone needs to leave the taking of higher morale road to themselves... There are thousands of members on this board and hundreds of providers... seems to me we are only part of a small fraction that gives our 2 cents to everything... so that's why POLLs like this are rather annoying... who cares?
Sorry but have to agree with monkeypaw- there is too much of the I don't like this or that, instead ignore it or just don't read it. Seems to be too much drama and not enough fun. I agree though that the mods should do stuff to anyone that attacks another person on here. But to leave that decision to only 20 ppl when there are 1000's of ppl as members isn't right. So leave it as it is and let the mods and owners do there job of policing

How about if you don't like the thread just don't read it.... If you don't like the behavior use "ignore".... If you don't like the Mods/Owners position, go away and join Backpage..

The idea of "protecting the hobby" is absurd.. this "hobby" has been around long before your great great great great great great great great great great grandmother... And it needs no protection!

Judgement of what is acceptable and not, is a pretty fine line when it comes to paying for sex... everyone needs to leave the taking of higher morale road to themselves... There are thousands of members on this board and hundreds of providers... seems to me we are only part of a small fraction that gives our 2 cents to everything... so that's why POLLs like this are rather annoying... who cares? Originally Posted by Monkeypaw
All sites have rules. Signing up to become a member means that you accept those rules. Mods do not make the rules, the owners do. If an owner feels strongly about an action that a mod took, they reserve the right (owners) to do what they feel they need to in the best interest of the site.

No one on this site likes to ban members. There are times that it is needed but its the last straw and after debate. Who in the world would want to join a site that allows its members to vote off other members? I would not. I can't speak for the owners but that ain't going to happen here on ECCIE....

sixx
I can't speak for the owners but they ain't going to happen here in ECCIE....

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
+10,000
What a stupid idea. Voting people off ECCIE Island? What are you people smoking? Did your state just pass laws for "medicinal marijuana?"

Can you just imagine St. Chris's new avatar:

The Tribe has spoke. . .screw that!
Way cool....I didn't realize before today that I represent this site, and that it represents me....I prefer a benevolent dictatorship....can I be Emperor?
Whats wrong with just using the "ignore" option?
Voting people off, that is ridiculous.

LF
i agree as if you don't like thread don't read or comment on it...and everyone has an opinion and unless there is obvious abuse issues like that let the mods handle it.....

Judgement of what is acceptable and not, is a pretty fine line when it comes to paying for sex... everyone needs to leave the taking of higher morale road to themselves... There are thousands of members on this board and hundreds of providers... seems to me we are only part of a small fraction that gives our 2 cents to everything... so that's why POLLs like this are rather annoying... who cares? Originally Posted by Monkeypaw
i agree as if you don't like thread don't read or comment on it...and everyone has an opinion and unless there is obvious abuse issues like that let the mods handle it..... Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
Clearly...you r one of the most level headed girls on here...
Things seem to be working okay as they are so let it be. Needing only 20 votes to vote someone off is a low bar IMO. A small group could decide to ban someone simply because they don't like him or her and that would be unfortunate.
It only seems to be the ladies complaining. Maybe we should just make it a male only site?
  • Mokoa
  • 11-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Okay, due to recent events on this site and in the real world, I pose these questions:

Should providers be able to vote hobbyists off of the site due to offensive behavior and it be binding?

Should hobbyists be able to vote providers off of the site due to offensive behavior and it be binding?

Do you believe that the site mods should maintain all responsibility for maintaining the boards membership?

Or should it be more democratic; therefore more representative of the majority?

Somewhere, we have to find the ability to protect the hobby. I shutter at some of the things written showing up in a court or media outlet? Quite honestly, it scares the living hell out of me; especially with all that is going on out there. Personally it is becoming difficult for me to tie my reputation and character to some of these site representing posts. Do you agree or does the 1st amendment supersede all? Originally Posted by Lacey Companion
Since this site is privately owned, the First Amendment does not apply here.

Some of what your are suggesting, if implemented, would lead to total anarchy.

This place is designed to operate the way it does for a number of very good reasons.

Leave it alone.