Please vote and thank St Chris for recognizing

Either way... there needs to be a method of control for incriminating commentary Originally Posted by Lacey Companion
Definitely. Hence the prohibitions (at least, I think there are prohibitions) against pictures with nudity of underage individuals, or mentions of illicit substances, and the like.

complete disrespect of women in the hobby. Originally Posted by Lacey Companion
I'm not sure how much effect that would have (other than in the very long-term) on LE's efforts directed this way. I suspect that it's their belief that illegal activities are going on, rather than their recognition that there are some disrespectful assholes around here, that most influences the unwanted attention.

Some portion of the general population (and hence the politicians, and hence the police under the direction of the politicians) thinks that P4P is bad, wrong, evil, and needs to be stamped out, no matter where and no matter what it looks like. If they see a polite, civil community of people who appear to be nice and normal . . . eventually that may change the stereotypes and weaken their desire to see P4P stamped out. But stereotypes are very resistant to change, unfortunately.

Of course, the real pressure on politicians and cops is not the existence of P4P but how much it intrudes on the public awareness. That's likely the reason that in many locations LE's emphasis is directed mostly toward street action and/or the stationary/visible aspects like spas or AMPs. Meanwhile, "indoor workers," independents who arrange appointments through the Internet and are not as visible, are mostly (not entirely) given a pass. It's always possible that disrespectful attitudes on a P4P board could increase the "visibility," but I'm not sure that's a significant effect. Those who have strong negative feelings about P4P may focus more on the existence of a site rather than how people comport themselves there, while those who are more concerned about visibility may not worry about a website as opposed to street workers or AMPs. Making a board completely private, so that only registered members -- and perhaps those who are screened to a degree -- would reduce visibility, of course. But it would likely also reduce traffic, the overall number of members, and revenue potential for the site owners.

Of course, all of this is pretty much speculation. We don't really know how the civilian population and LE would react differently if the site were different. We can only guess. Your guess may be better than mine.

The nice thing is that there are a lot of choices in P4P boards. Those choices will operate differently and over time there can be a "sorting" of members, with people going where they feel most comfortable.
Thank you for your comments but it's his board and he can do whatever the hell he likes.......CLOSE PLEASE On grounds of stupidity......And ignore your urge to hit the RTM, they probably agree......I'm not being rude just stating facts. IT IS HIS BOARD....You have no vote, no say so....When and if he wants YOUR opinion.......he'll ask......

In Support of Ms. Jasmine!

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
Chev I do believe you are the most intelligent and reasonable person in this thread. Thank you for a sensible debate. How I came to the conclusions I have was back in the ASPD days. I googled ASPD and read several news report and right wing statements that included disrespecting women via several methods and how some of the members behave. Please do that google and get back to me on what you find? I would be interested to know your thoughts at that time. As far as what LE thinks... that's easy... "annual funding, public dissent and getting the mayor re-elected".

You know a wise man once said "a stupid person believes they are smart and a smart person knows how stupid they really are". Can any one of you claiming my ignorance name that author? This ought to be fun.

Biomed, you became too attached and it hurt you when I said "goodbye"; and it really does show in your constant stalking of me. I mean seriously... how many reviews did you do of me that said "excellent"? I will never get jealous of you parading your dogness in my threads and you can continue to spread your lies about me to evey girl you see but one day, just maybe, one will catch your eye like I did and then she will understand and you will become her problem (nuff said). Carry on.

Cute avatar Boardman.
It sounds like you want the inmates to run the asylum. IMO it should stay as it is for two reasons:
1. The owners and moderators do just fine IMO.
2. The site belongs to the owners and they have every right to make the decisions.
Omahan, I just have to say I love your signature line. Most mods do very well. Some abuse their position and some are too worried about not keeping their mod position. I do disagree with the comparative to "inmates" as most posters are respectful enough to not even need moderated. I know we have to take the less mature with the good and well, I have to admit, that's a toughy for me. It's also off topic. Now you have been a moderator for a very long time and understand the fundamentals of the rules better than some mods; and I grant you that you have earned your respect- for the most part. I do also remember you having some issues in the old days but nothing like the ones we have discussed in this thread. The questions here are more related to controlling public opinion as to content and who some members really are along with why are they allowed to break so many major rules? See I have some really large issues with trust when it comes to some members being allowed to have multiple handles, out others and post about taking advantage of runaways. You wouldn't allow these things to be posted unless you had to... correct? Well, if members had more control then moderators couldn't be "put over a barrel" by anyone else. See the problem I have seen is not on this site, but it is on a few others where I have continually read about who is really running those sites. I mean alphabet LE has admitted to running at least 3 that I know of personally. Now when I (and I am so not alone on this) see members here blatantly bragging about having multiple handles and the ability to put people in cars... I have to wonder "who are they and why are they here getting away with soooo much; and especially with no reviews on record". I mean seriously! How does someone have over 3000 posts (most of which are rude to other more respected members) in a year at all hours of the day and night, have 0 reviews and get away with soooo much; and laugh about it in "plain view"? I would think I have a "reasonable suspicion". And shouldn't a hobbyist with no reviews not be allowed to pay for bcd access with an illegitimate "green dot card"? I mean everything the man posts is suspect in that it generates its very own "probable cause".

Now Chevalier made a good point about finding where you are comfortable; and I am comfortable with the way I am doing things now. After all, Biomed forgets as he plays his jealousy games that I have a nice clientel- that he would still be a part of if he hadn't freaked out on me retiring for a bit and that those who know me (and can hold it together) do still love me no matter what lies and deceptions he puts out there. I am safe and secure. I just worry about the many friends I have here from the old days being deceived by what may or may not be happening. Especially when certain members seem to be soooo golden with such little to no merit in an area so central to the site. Things that make ya go "hmmmmm".
I may just be shooting in the dark, and I am not a center of moral turpentine, but when the main focus of the board is about information regarding where a man can put his schlong, you are closer to the bottom of the barrel than you may realize. Yes, we all want to be treated with respect. Yes, we all want an environment where we can freely exchange ideas without wading through BS. But, there are places where that is more likely to take place, but I don't think a provider board is one of them. Some people get down and dirty in the bedroom. To think that those same people climb on a white stallion to post on the board is naive.

We all do things that are morally reprehensible to others. How we treat pets, kids, loved ones, providers, members of Eccie.

Providing is a morally grey area for some, and a black and white area for others. I just don't believe you can be black and white while posting, and grey at your incall.

Just spoutin'

Thanks.

The lurkers are the smart ones. I have proven I am not in that group.
Men Pay to be here, Women Collect.
Some women collect more than others. lol
The site should maintain all responsibilty, as is now,
Looks like a landslide to me. Are we learning yet?

CG
This thread makes me sleepy....
.,,,Now Chevalier made a good point about finding where you are comfortable; Originally Posted by Lacey Companion
I wonder .. at times where the drama and perception of the general census comes from. Then I read one thread... and see something that doesn't sit well... atall. Maybe I should search for the answers.. but more than like leigh... they will come to me if I am just pay shent. Funny how it seems to always work out that way. Learning slowly but surely that if I don't freak the F out, cuss anyone out, be cruel, or jump the dumb gun ; I come out ahead of the planes that had to fly around in a holding pattern to land.

I don't have a jet, I'm NOT A JET.. and I do tend to forget.. but I just found this to be a GOLDEN op to pat my 'Chevalier' upon his kind back.

I'd rather eat strawberry's dipped in burned chocolate than research dramA .. which seems to me was interjected in a place not kosher for inuendos unbecoming of a gentleman and an EXTREMELY fair and fine .. not to mention friendly f'ing man.

NOT SORRY about this.. as I usually have to include in my opinions.. but WTF is wrong with ...........

have a grand day.

thank you for allowing me to play... for pay.

Its the way I can be me.. currently, anyway.. and without it I'd be dead.

for real.
burned chocolate Originally Posted by _Jayne_
Ah, memories. Not of the burned chocolate itself, as I truly didn't notice it, but of your concern about not having the ideal environment for a gentleman caller.

Have a wonderful day, sweet lady.
INFORMAL Quote : " "I hail from a different time and place,.... "

your sig line basically delinates all your are, all you should be, and all you probably wish at least a hand full of sub's WOULD be.

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a woman of integrity and good ...... .

I don't prefer anyone... I enjoy folks who enjoy me.

AND YES.... that's pretty much IT.

oh wait.. I have to agree.. in part anyway.. with

INFORMAL QUOTE: " I have proven I am not in that group. "

I don't GROUP OR grope... i am THE mfrope... in my empty group anyway. ITS A COOLER PLACE to EXIST. ( picture bam bam and pebbles.) ))

SMOOCHES.
I'm not feeling the love......maybe another Houston ad with me in it will do the trick.